starting strength gym
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Youngster with 30 year old Arthritic Ankle SS log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Man I figured this thread was so far off the beaten path nobody could find it if they wanted to! I have enjoyed the texas method but it is beginning to be too much to recover from so I plan on doing a split starting Jan 7. I am actually going to use Calladors 4x4 method. It seems sound enough and a change in training is needed. Anyway I want to squat 405, bench 315, deadlift 495, and press 225. Once I get to those goals I'll make new ones and go from there. I am sure I will get those goals this next year (the press might be iffy but I'll give it all I got.
    I have a local meet coming up in April. I think I'll be able to hit the squat goal by then, probably the deadlift and I might get close on the bench but probably not since I have a fair amount of weight to go on that one and no idea how much pausing takes out of a touch and go 1rm or a 5rm. Next Saturday I am going to a gym with a SS coach and plan on establishing a 1RM for each lift then I'll use Calladors program to deload from all this accumulated TM fatigue and peak to the meet in April. Once I have 1RM established I'll start a log in the competitive section so I can get more input as I prepare for the meet.

Also I am at 24% BF. Long term I'd like to get around 12% short term I want to drop below 20%. Starting a 30-day paleo challenge on Jan 7th as well. Still eating around 3500 cal/day just cleaner food and lower carbs. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for checking in here by the way.

Default The final post

Missed two sessions. Had a new baby boy (8 pounds 12.9 ounces). Had a good Christmas. Planning on having another successful year of training in 2013. Next week I'll go to QC barbell, in Davenport IA, to establish some 1RM for Squat, Bench, and Deadlift then I'll start a new program designed to deload then peak for my first powerlifting contest on April 20, 2013. I'll start a log in the "competitive" section on January 7, 2013.

Wednesday Dec 26, 2012

Squat 245 2x5

Press 175 3x4

[SIZE="5"]Saturday/SIZE] Dec 29, 2012

Squat 365x2 PR

Bench Press 275x2 PR

Chin-ups 5/5/5

starting strength coach development program
    Congratulations on your baby boy.

Have a great new year, and good luck in competition.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678