starting strength gym

View Poll Results: What were your bench press 3x5 work set weights (in pounds) at the end of SS

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 200

19 33.33%
  • Between 200 and 225

14 24.56%
  • Between 225 and 250

15 26.32%
  • Between 250 and 275

3 5.26%
  • > 275

6 10.53%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ending Linear Progression Bench Press Work Sets Poll

Default Ending Linear Progression Bench Press Work Sets Poll

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I would like to know how far the average trainee made it on the bench press while doing starting strength. Other questions like this have been asked like, when did you starting micro loading the press, or what were you squat work sets at the end of SS?
    So how did the bench go fo you before you moved to intermediate programming?

I am at 215 now and hope to get up to 250-265 pounds.

answers in pounds please.

I've been training for 5 months and my bench is at 127.5 lbs.

I doubt it's even possible for me to hit 200 lbs by 2013.

It depends on the trainee and how much you pay attention to the other lifts. Rip has said on many occasions that those gym "broz" who only bench, while they have a high bench, these guys will benefit from upping their squat and press numbers

Without regard to trainee height, weight, age, (whoops! Edit to add, Gender!) it's a meaningless circlejerk of a poll.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by algunos hombre View Post
    Without regard to trainee height, weight, age, (whoops! Edit to add, Gender!) it's a meaningless circlejerk of a poll.

Enjoy.
    Yeah, seriously. If only there were some way that people could comment on or discuss these things after voting in the poll...like maybe a forum where you could make posts or something.

A guy can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by algunos hombre View Post
    I guess if you were dumb enough to take the average data as some sort of standard without really thinking then I agree it would be meaningless. If you are just curious how others are doing or have done and possibly wanted to discuss it with them (like what factors limited or helped their progression) then it certainly would be useful. Isn't that what a forum is for. Seems Moustache knows that much.

If you are the type that doesn't think long about how such information can be used productively then I can understand how you came to your shortsighted conclusion so quickly.

who is the other guy who voted >275?

Happy to respond to the poll, but my last successful 3x5 was 225, and I never got 227.5 on novice LP. Would you rather I put myself in the 200-225 category or the 225-250 category?
    5'6"
    190 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by RussB View Post
    Happy to respond to the poll, but my last successful 3x5 was 225, and I never got 227.5 on novice LP. Would you rather I put myself in the 200-225 category or the 225-250 category?
    5'6"
    190 pounds
    It is up to you. If you barely made it at 225 put yourself in the lower bracket. If you killed those sets at 225 but 227.5 killed you, go to the upper bracket

starting strength coach development program
    I got up to 267lbs (121.5KG) for 5x5 (sets across), if I stayed on 3x5 prolly could have added a few more kilos. 5x5 was killing me for days so I had to stop. Shit worked better for me than 3x5 at the end though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast