starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Articles

Default Upcoming Articles

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Just wanted to get imput from the readers.......

Rip has asked me to write a few articles over the course of the next few months on different aspects of programming the lifts and their variants.

The first article I was going to write was going to be on strategies to program some of the assistance lifts for the DL specifically Goodmornings, SLDL's, and Deficit Deads.

If there is anything in particular you want to read in regards to this topic or any other potential topics please let me know here. We are using the forums to gather feedback from readers/members to create articles and content that is most relevant.

Thanks,

Andy (KSC)

I would like to see the same kinda of thing, but for squats.

Also, you've been threatening to write something for the over-45 with no business gaining weight crowd--this I would gladly pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by drlvegas View Post
    I would like to see the same kinda of thing, but for squats.

Also, you've been threatening to write something for the over-45 with no business gaining weight crowd--this I would gladly pay for.
    Thank you. I will note this. I am the worlds worst procrastinator so generally things take 10 times longer than they should.

Quote Originally Posted by KSC View Post
    Thank you. I will note this. I am the worlds worst procrastinator so generally things take 10 times longer than they should.
    In that case, over 55.

That's great, Andy, I look forward to reading whatever you decide to put together.

Regarding your first suggested topic of assistance work for the DL, I'd love to read about how you'd work these in, specifically, to: 1. Standard TM 3-day template
    2. TM 4 Day Split Template 3. Other Intermediate models.

I'd also be interested in reading about fitting in other assistance or secondary work into Intermediate programming, i.e. Chins or Oly lifts, while still focusing primarily on strength in the squat, DL, press, and bench press.

If you do any sort of Rack pulls or halting deads put that in the deadlift assistance article, i would appreciate your views on that. Also, I guess pressing exercises give me the most fits, so any type of article that could really target those would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by drlvegas View Post
    I'd part with some of my hard-earned cash too.

Hi Andy, that sounds like a great idea!

In terms of DL, speed deads could be covered as well.
    And as drlvegas said, programming for squats would be very interesting.

How to go about programming during an injury and how to best maintain the accumulated level of strength until the injury heals over. This may be a broad subject but I'd still say it's critical as we've all had to deal with some type of injury during training.

For example, I've had a glute injury for three weeks now and I've found that squats and deadlifts irritate it so I've laid them off, for now. I've no clue what to do in the meantime.

starting strength coach development program
    Assistance lifts for deadlift would be great.

Some other ideas:
    Also, general intermediate level manipulation of volume and/or intensity to continually drive progress.
    Intermediate programming for different goals - size, strength, diets/cutting, sport training, strongman, weightlifting etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast