starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Chalk Allowed!

Default No Chalk Allowed!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    by Shaun N Jafarian

“Recently I’ve faced the challenge of finding a gym suitable for working toward my strength goals after spending over a year as a member of the Wichita Falls Athletic Club. To say my perspective on what constitutes a “gym,” particularly in regards to strength training, had been transformed by my time in Wichita Falls would be a gross understatement… ”

Article

Resources Page

Hilarious, entertaining, well-written, accurate. Thanks, Shaun.

Great read. Very entertaining.

I'm fortunate enough to have found a great gym that has everything you could need to get stronger.

I've also never heard anything positive about Planet Fitness except the cost. There's one a few blocks away from me, but I'd rather drive a little further, and pay a little more, to go to a real gym.

Great article, dude has a real flair for writing.

Humorous, with an important message. I literally laughed out loud at least 5-6 times; what a perfectly painted image of what the American 'fitness' facility has become. I attend a large, public university and have seen 90% of what you described in campus gyms; I'm actually surprised you never ran into 'bros' doing cambered-bar preacher curls while one of them provides resistance by pulling back on the bar from the opposite direction, a personal favorite...Thanks for writing.

The "gym stories" I love to read condensed into a well thought out and well written article. It definitely seemed similar to my experience of trying to find a new gym as well. I had done weekly passes at many different big box gyms including Gold's and 24 Hour Fitness before I finally found a small gym that was geared toward strength.

Entertaining, humorous, and saddening at the same time. I am really glad I've been able to assemble a home gym. Thanks for the good read.

I hope Shaun is bracing himself for hundreds of emails demanding where this trainer who looks like David Beckham is.

A funny read about a depressing situation in the gym industry. And like the author I lose strength just imagining Planet Fitness.

starting strength coach development program
    Read this article. Loved it. Went to the gym. Apparently chalk is now banned. People are allergic apparently. What a load of bullshit, I'll keep using it until they refund my membership. Fuckers.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast