25, Male, Lifted for years and experimented with many training templates but would still consider myself a Novice without any experience with a coach
- Chief Complaint- Squatting down i feel a pop in my lower right side at what feels like, just above my Sacrum. I can feel a muscle that feels locked on when i experience the pain and afterwards, experience pain walking as i step off my right foot and pick up weights from the floor. RICE helps but i experience this injury repetitively.
- It occurs at the bottom of my squats once in a while. I am not used to cleans and practicing them with strict form has been hard on my lower back and butt. I do some rehab exercises for my hip which are also taxing on my buttocks. I have a hard time keeping a tight back when I go below parallel in squats and have only been doing 1x5 on deadlifts as to not overtrian.
- Pain -7 (on a scale of 1-10)
- Describe the pain- Sharp pain sometimes a 'pop' followed by dull ache and the sensation of swelling with no visible bruising
- What makes it better? RICE and moving around
- What makes it worse? Stretching or continuing to work out
- How do your symptoms behave throughout the day?- The pain dulls but remains for several days.
- Signs and Symptoms- The area looks normal but feels tight. Squatting down or arching my back causes increased pain as does pushing my femur backwards.
I have been seeing a Chiropractor out of pocket for this and am convinced she is worthless. She has never checked my spine or hips and just jumps on my back and charged me 50 dollars. Physical therapy has seen me once and gave my workouts which yeilded little results. Im in the military and try to stay away from doctors.
EDIT: I used the search function with little success and after reading comments about how going to prison and finding a boyfriend would loosen a back up I figured I would post my own.