+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: NYC plans to ban sales of sugary drinks over 16 ounces

Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    that's a relief
    That's funny, but I can't fully understand what you mean without punctuation. (kidding).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Never let facts get in the way of fun. Or maybe more appropriate in this case: don't yuck my yum.

Yeah, I'm a killjoy. Sorry 'bout that.

FWIW, I did have funny images of back-alley deals involving 20 oz. Coke bottles, and a re-enactment of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre around kegs of fountain soda.

If you do your illicit business, just learn from Al Capone and make sure your taxes are correct.

Doing your taxes will send you to jail anyway, it's admission of income from illicit activities.

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    Another right wing media "let's be offended over nothing" story (heard it on my local Clear Channel station (KOA) this morning too).
    Yup. I got it from that bastion of right wing propaganda known as the Daily Show...

Quote Originally Posted by jgalak View Post
    Yup. I got it from that bastion of right wing propaganda known as the Daily Show...
    I was responding to the original poster's link to a Fox news story, mentioned my own experience listening to the local radio, and gave it all a characterization as a "right wing let's be offended over nothing" story. I also indicated I wasn't offended.

This morning the local am station mentioned the story again, in jeering and mocking tones, and claimed that 96% of their audience thought the NYC plan was ridiculous, or some synonomous word (they didn't ask me, but then I never sent them an email either). Is my point of view too difficult for you to understand? Too subtle?

I'm not sure I've seen the Daily Show. Is that Stephen Colbert?

Jon Stewart. Steven COlbert is the Colbert Report.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/healt...tax_06-07.html

California city proposes tax on sugary drinks.

So is this better than a ban? Worse? Just as stupid? I'm not really sure personally.

1/10 of a cent tax on each gram of trans fat might go a long way toward solving some problems in this good ol' U S of A...

Trans Fat is already pretty much gone from most foods due to media awareness campaigns. And Corrie, I think both are stupid, but better to be done city by city rather than top down from the feds.

Milk is being considered for the restricted list.

They love us sooooo much.

+ Reply to Thread