+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to trace a blocked number

Default How to trace a blocked number

I got a nasty phone call from some woman saying shit about my girlfriend. It was a blocked number and she hung up immediately after spewing this rubbish.

I really don't know who it could be. I haven't told my girlfriend about it as I don't want to worry her. It could be a wrong number of course.

I phoned my phone company and they said they could only reveal the number if it had happened more than five times.

How can I get this info from the phone company, as I really want to find out who this woman is?

I was furious.

I haven't a clue, but when I went to Google to enter "trace blocked number" for a quick check, "trace blocked number australia" was the 2nd choice in the autocomplete list. Are random harassing calls a common thing?

This sounds promising, but I don't know if this works in Australia.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8566567_unco...te-number.html

YOU can't find out. But depending on the nature of the call the phone company and/or police can find out quite a bit.

If you haven't already, make detailed notes - date and time of call, duration, info about the caller (old, young, accent, etc), background noises or other unique sounds, rough transcript (I said: xxxxx, he/she said: xxxx, I said: xxxx).

Keep a log of these. Report nuance calls to the phone company each time. If there is any perceived threat to you or the g/f report this to the police. Refrain from gettin angry or threatening the person yourself.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
    If there is any perceived threat to you or the g/f report this to the police.
    Yep. You don't need to wait for another call; if the first one was at all threatening, go ahead and call the police. They can probably get the caller info from the phone company.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrofula View Post
    Yep. You don't need to wait for another call; if the first one was at all threatening, go ahead and call the police. They can probably get the caller info from the phone company.
    They can, but won't unless its life threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
    YOU can't find out. But depending on the nature of the call the phone company and/or police can find out quite a bit.

If you haven't already, make detailed notes - date and time of call, duration, info about the caller (old, young, accent, etc), background noises or other unique sounds, rough transcript (I said: xxxxx, he/she said: xxxx, I said: xxxx).

Keep a log of these. Report nuance calls to the phone company each time. If there is any perceived threat to you or the g/f report this to the police. Refrain from gettin angry or threatening the person yourself.

Good luck.
    This is great advice. In our organisation we have a guide for handling these sort of calls (in case of kidnappings, bombs etc.) and what TW wrote is pretty much the cliffnotes from our guide.

Write it down, so if it happens again, you'll have two detailed accounts to take to the police. Better safe than sorry, IMO.

Redial.

Tell your girlfriend about the call. Odds are that she knows what is going on and should have some type of explanation. I would imagine that she is not as fragile as you might think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast