starting strength gym

Thread: Yee Ha! Getting Strong is Great for Mountain Biking!

Default Yee Ha! Getting Strong is Great for Mountain Biking!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've been on SS for 6 months with the goal of getting stronger for sports (surfing and mountain biking in particular). Had to stop surfing for a while to deal with some tendinitis and so my wife and I went mountain biking for the first time in several months this morning. Wow! Just like my surfing, my mountain biking had been going downhill (so to speak!) for several years now. One hill in particular has been causing me problems. This morning I zipped right to the top! All those squats really make a difference! My wife: "Wow, I feel so strong!" She's been doing SS with me, but has been a bit skeptical so far. Today, on the trail, she became a believer! This program is a revelation! Can't wait to see how our new legs work on the ski slopes next winter (especially after 4-5 more months on the program)!

It's amazing how everything works better when stronger. Glad to hear stories like these.

Even after only a couple of weeks of SL\SS, I have noticed a massive improvement in my cycling. It now actually feels like my quads are powering me along :-)

after 3 months on ss i was able to to do a 50 mile ride with ease

Very true... I used to mountain bike a lot when I was younger, but then moved to places with no mountains. I just moved back to Colorado and bought a mountain bike, and am absolutely AMAZED how right away I can kill it on stuff that used to be pretty challenging (if not impossible) in the past. My ability to sprint up hills and rocks is better as a 35 year old than when I was 23. Awesome!