starting strength gym
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: growing belly in your program

Default growing belly in your program

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have been noticing my belly growing along with my buttocks, legs with SS Squats. Is this normal. I can feel the fat layer in my belly.

Then stop doing the program.

I am somehow convinced with the strength gains that I derived with SS, so I am not willing to stop, I see you having a big belly too. I am just wondering if the growing belly is a side effect in SS.

What is wrong with a belly?

I don't think having a big belly is healthy

I call mine my "battery pack".

I think there's too much concern about abs and crap. Chase being "ripped" all the time and you'll miss out on fully reaching your strength potential, and you'll always be worried about every single thing you eat. I know from experience.. Used to always be worried about appearance. It's way more tolerable to live without worrying about how much carbs and crap is in my food. Just eat the dam thing, and if you're getting too fat for your own liking, then cut back. It was fun being "ripped," but for me, that wasn't a satisfying lifestyle. I also weighed 155 and was in a daze thinking I was doing something special doing isolation exercises. It was not until I got over the crap about getting fat in my belly did I start to gain some weight, strength, and respect from others by just gaining size instead of being a delusional skinny "ripped" guy. Over the course of life, you are not going to be able to maintain being lean forever. I don't give a dam who you are. Eventually everyone tires of that crap. Off topic, but even with a stellar and lean physique, woman really don't give a dam.. They'll cheat on you anyways..

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What is wrong with a belly?
    You can't have abs if you have a big fat belly and then chicks won't fuck you because you're not ripped and you'd be obligated to become a non-practicing heterosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    I am somehow convinced with the strength gains that I derived with SS, so I am not willing to stop, I see you having a big belly too. I am just wondering if the growing belly is a side effect in SS.
    Santa Claus has a big belly. You gotta problem with Santa Claus?

But in all seriousness - If you are concerned - just eat a raw vegan diet. Also, be sure to continuously breath when performing the lifts. I have also heard that working to maximize your vertical jump can help.

starting strength coach development program
    My wife has a cute 'lil 'belly'. I have a gut.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast