starting strength gym
Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1020

Thread: Bryanccfshr's Journal

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Getting caught up on the logs after a tough week or two. Your lifts are smokin', man. I saw the 400x2 squat vid--very nice! How's your mom?

Thanks OM.
    My Mom is out of the ICU and in a regular hospital room getting physical therapy and getting home care set up. Anticipating a home release this week. She will be on an iv system for the next 3 months as well as a diuretic( LASIX)..I don't know what the iv drug(s) is but it is supposed to help strengthen her heart. We are hoping this will be successful. When I talked to her yesterday's her spirits and energy level were up and she is feeling better.
    Apparently she has been living with the condition for a while and attributed the lack of energy and inability to exercise as just getting old.

Called the gym I will be using for my testing session on Friday in Baltimore so I could finalize my training week plan. Chalk allowed..good, took a while and had to explain what center knurling on a bar is to a trainer before I could determine that they had adequate equipment.
    This should be fun!
    I will Warmup up to 92% recent maxes today, 80% Wednesday and test Friday in a strange place.

Monday 12 may 2014
    Deload/test week

comp squatwu to 390( a little slower than it should be)

comp bench to 240 easy like it is supposed to be.

deadlift to 435

That's it

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    took a while and had to explain what center knurling on a bar is to a trainer.
    Really? That is very sad

Will you have someone there to give you a lift off and at least spot your bench?
    Good Luck on all lifts

I doubt I will get much help there.( the MAC in Baltimore) I will look for someone to help me on bench if it doesn't have safety bars for safety reasons. Other wise I am accustomed to everything alone.

TRAC
    Continue training as normal

Combined stress: 1.5 Low Stress
    Weekly Avg Stress: 3.6 Moderate Stress
    Recovery Rate: 10
    Fatigue load: 3 Moderate Stress

TRAC
    Continue training as normal

Combined stress: 1 Low Stress
    Weekly Avg Stress: 3.1 Moderate Stress
    Recovery Rate: 10
    Fatigue load: 2 Moderate Stress

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    Called the gym I will be using for my testing session on Friday in Baltimore so I could finalize my training week plan. Chalk allowed..good, took a while and had to explain what center knurling on a bar is to a trainer before I could determine that they had adequate equipment.
    This should be fun!
    I will Warmup up to 92% recent maxes today, 80% Wednesday and test Friday in a strange place.
    I am sure that this will be fun. Squat Queen and I sorta like lifting at a new place while away from home. And just the fact that they allow chalk puts them in the top quartile of places you're likely to find. You might have to explain to them that it is ok to deadlift with iron plates, like we had to one time, but even that was kinda fun to do (the guy told me that the iron would crack, lol--we ended up at another gym instead).

If iron plates cracked that easily I would have plate crumbles all over my garage. It should be fun if I get much rest between now and then. As always the week before vacation is chaos.

starting strength coach development program
    No iron work today. I will be testing tommorrow afternoon in Baltimore. Friday morning would be a little too tight on the schedule.