starting strength gym
Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Supplement - What, When, Why and How

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi, Jordan, any thoughts on http://http://www.muscletech.com/pro...anabolic-halo/ ? Seems to be very convenient to take....

Quote Originally Posted by slinkyfit View Post
    I did. Out of the 15 supps listed, I tried to pick two (on top of my current basic regime) that have the most bang for the buck. With BCAA, I assume the reasoning listed holds true whether fasted or not, but I wanted to make sure.
    What do you mean by fasting? You're technically fasting any time you're not eating and in that context, BCAAs are useful between meals (i.e. fasted). If you are doing intermittent fasting, BCAAs are also useful for rectifying a suboptimal eating plan. Beta alanine and BCAAs would be the next two things I'd add to your stack.

Quote Originally Posted by vkp78 View Post
    Hi, Jordan, any thoughts on http://http://www.muscletech.com/pro...anabolic-halo/ ? Seems to be very convenient to take....
    The web page doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    What do you mean by fasting? You're technically fasting any time you're not eating and in that context, BCAAs are useful between meals (i.e. fasted). If you are doing intermittent fasting, BCAAs are also useful for rectifying a suboptimal eating plan. Beta alanine and BCAAs would be the next two things I'd add to your stack.
    Haha you are right ofc regarding fasting. I had read bcaa was primarily for intermittent fasters (generally taken before the fasted workout) and not necessary for people with a regular diet. Now I realize that while they may not be necessary they are likely beneficial. Already bought beta alanine, felt like I had more endurance during deadlift day. BCAA on the way. Thanks.

Haha you are right ofc regarding fasting. I had read bcaa was primarily for intermittent fasters (generally taken before the fasted workout) and not necessary for people with a regular diet. Now I realize that while they may not be necessary they are likely beneficial. Already bought beta alanine, felt like I had more endurance during deadlift day. BCAA on the way. Thanks.

Howdy,

Do you have an opinion on hormone-free, antibiotic-free, chemical residue-free whey protein?

I am trying to decide between two varieties of whey protein. They are fairly similar except the hormone-free one is about $8.90/lb, while the other one is $7.75/lb. I'm 22 years old, 5'10", 195 lbs (high teens bf%), male, late novice, and planning to ingest around 90-120 grams (3-4 scoops) per day, taken every 3-4 hours in accordance with your guidelines.

Just wondering if it's worth springing for the more "natural" whey protein. It has a bit more of many amino acids, including leucine, isoleucine and valine, and almost quadruple the cholesterol, which I understand is a good thing for testosterone production.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Finn View Post
    Howdy,

Do you have an opinion on hormone-free, antibiotic-free, chemical residue-free whey protein?

I am trying to decide between two varieties of whey protein. They are fairly similar except the hormone-free one is about $8.90/lb, while the other one is $7.75/lb. I'm 22 years old, 5'10", 195 lbs (high teens bf%), male, late novice, and planning to ingest around 90-120 grams (3-4 scoops) per day, taken every 3-4 hours in accordance with your guidelines.

Just wondering if it's worth springing for the more "natural" whey protein. It has a bit more of many amino acids, including leucine, isoleucine and valine, and almost quadruple the cholesterol, which I understand is a good thing for testosterone production.

Thanks.
    Absolutely not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by vkp78 View Post
    Looks like a huge waste of money. Glutamine isn't useful, extra bcaas in a whey shake is useless, and prolonged digesting protein is useless too.

Looks like a huge waste of money. Glutamine isn't useful, extra bcaas in a whey shake is useless, and prolonged digesting protein is useless too.
    Thank you! When is the book coming out, so you can be rid of guys like me and do a Rippetoe and say' read the blasted book'?

starting strength coach development program
    extra bcaas in a whey shake is useless
    Why is that? I'd like to know about this more specific, as I have BCAA's with whey post workout. Don't the extra bcaa's with whey spike mps faster than just whey alone, while the whey protein provides the protein for your daily macro totals? I realize you could just have bcaas post workout and eat a little later back home, but wouldn't that be essentially the same - the time difference between the bcaas and protein meal would be short anyway so why not take them at the same time? Also for me it's more convenient to just have my shake "meal" immediately post workout with bcaas to optimize protein dose timing throughout the day.

Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast