starting strength gym
Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Supplement - What, When, Why and How

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So given that HMB is expensive where you're at, I'd probably drop kick it. It's not going to make a super big difference either way and I'd hate to see you waste a bunch of money.

I don't think I share the same sentiment with those guys about Chaos and Pain supplements just by looking at the site, as I tend to gravitate towards more single ingredient high grade products vs. flashy branding/multiple ingredient supps w/ proprietary blends. That said, I haven't looked into them very much period so I might be completely wrong.

Higher testosterone has a preponderance to increase BMR, which will increase food-seeking behavior via ghrelin, but to what real-world effect...I'm not sure at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperfluxe View Post
    Whoever said that 18g Xtend will mask 2g HMB shall burn in hell for all eternity. This stuff is absolutely putrid, bought a pound for $30 but I'm throwing it away. In comes the caps.

Jordan, is HMB even worth it if you're only going to take 1g x 2 doses per day (pre and post workout), considering that caps are pricey (it's $20 for 45grams of capsuled HMB shipped in Canada, versus ~300g of powdered HMB for the same price lol)? This is regular HMB, not the free acid one like Clear Muscle.

Also, thoughts on Chaos and Pain supplements? Praised to be the best, according to top guys like Alex Viada, Mike Israetel, etc.

Also a question about DAA: does it increase ghrelin/appetite? I guess what I'm asking is if a boost in testosterone will make you hungrier? Thanks.
    Couldn't you like, just make caps from your bulk hmb?
    http://www.regardingcaroline.com/making-capsules.html

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

I make my own caps. Pretty straight forward. Recently upgraded to this sweet rig:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181166400337...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Is Citrulline Malate worth buying separately if it's not already in the BCAA's? The one I have currently has Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine in a 2:1:1 ratio, but no Citrulline Malate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Is Citrulline Malate worth buying separately if it's not already in the BCAA's? The one I have currently has Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine in a 2:1:1 ratio, but no Citrulline Malate.

Thanks
    Not in my opinion, no.

Hi all !

Somebody recently told me about "shark cartilage". Is there any evidence that it provides any benefits at all?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by limace31 View Post
    Hi all !

Somebody recently told me about "shark cartilage". Is there any evidence that it provides any benefits at all?

Thanks.
    No. No. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    No. No. No.
    But eating their still-beating hearts after hand to fin combat still steals their powers, right?

Oh mama mia, mama mia...

Ok, I thought it was another commercial bull***.

;-)

starting strength coach development program
    Oh mama mia, mama mia...

Ok, I thought it was another commercial bull***.

;-)

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast