starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Requested routines for blackironbeast.com 5/3/1 Calculator?

Default Requested routines for blackironbeast.com 5/3/1 Calculator?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm updating my blackironbeast.com 5/3/1 calculator. I want to include more of Wendler's new templates in his 2nd edition. I also want to have the 2 and 3 days per week options. This is a reasonably large programming change to add all this flexibility but I think it will be well worth the effort.

Which templates from his 2nd edition are you interested in seeing in the calculator?

Other suggestions for the calculator?

Thanks.

(I hope you like the new graphic design I did for the site last week!)

Awesome work on the site. I'm currently using the three days per week full body 5/3/1. I've been making some nice progress on it, and think it would be a good addition, especially since it can look a lot like SS.

Tygerqb12, thanks for your feedback. I've added the full body templates (phases 1, 2, and 3) on my development copy. So they will be in the next version of the calculator I release to the world.

I've also added the 2 days/week, More Squatting, Simplest Strength, and For Beginners templates and the 3 day versions of Boring But Big, Triumvirate, I’m Not Doing Jack Shit, Periodization Bible, and Bodyweight.

The calculator now has 36 templates hiding in all the various options.
    Last edited by spiderman; 03-17-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added more templates

Nice!!

Maybe you should add an option where you could pick the assistance exercises from a list?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    I'm updating my blackironbeast.com 5/3/1 calculator. I want to include more of Wendler's new templates in his 2nd edition. I also want to have the 2 and 3 days per week options. This is a reasonably large programming change to add all this flexibility but I think it will be well worth the effort.

Which templates from his 2nd edition are you interested in seeing in the calculator?

Other suggestions for the calculator?

Thanks.

(I hope you like the new graphic design I did for the site last week!)
    Damn. I never knew you made that site. That's awesome. I used to link the crap out of it.

Good to see you update it. I was having a crash issue with it.

Another thing you may add is an option for the popular three days a week version?

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Leamas View Post
    Another thing you may add is an option for the popular three days a week version?
    In my development copy of the calculator, I've added the 3 day versions of Boring But Big, Triumvirate, I’m Not Doing Jack Shit, Periodization Bible, and Bodyweight. These will be in the next version I release. It looked to me like the other routines are not particularly suited to 3 day version. Correct me if you think there are other routines that need 3 day version.

Thanks.

I've added the new templates to the calculator. It was a lot of work but I'm really happy to have these templates in the tool. I don't even run 5/3/1 for myself but so many people seem to find the calculator useful, I want to keep it as up-to-date as I can with all of Wendler's training ideas.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any troubles or have more suggestions.

http://blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator

Brilliant, thanks very much!

starting strength coach development program
    Very cool that this is your calculator. I stumbled across it via Google so your SEO-fu must be strong. It's worked great for me although I'm only on my "1" week of the first cycle right now. I've been wondering what I do after the de-load week--just add 5 or 10 pounds to each big lift and re-calc?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast