starting strength gym
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to do crossfit games

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The perfect public school/university response. Please explain how it is normal/natural/"genetic" to be attracted to something along a natural spectrum, but it is somehow not normal/natural/"genetic" to be disgusted by it.
    Oh, I imagine you could make a normal/natural/"genetic" argument for most of our initial negative reactions to the strange and unfamiliar - *especially if it is perceived as potentially threatening*. There's the pragmatic problem of the persistence of such reactions when the reality of the situation shows itself to be other than initially feared (misperceptions of reality tend to lead to bad decisions) and there's the "social justice" side of the coin when a group with some "foreign characteristic" continues to be treated as a threat, long after they have proven themselves otherwise (and, in fact, are made vulnerable to the mistreatment that can flow from said misperception in direct proportion to the extent to which they were never a threat in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by tallison View Post
    Oh, I imagine you could make a normal/natural/"genetic" argument for most of our initial negative reactions to the strange and unfamiliar - *especially if it is perceived as potentially threatening*.
    So it's okay, right?

I think it is perfectly fine to be disgusted with homosexuality. I think the line that shouldn't be crossed is when one is trying to legislate against or shame others because they enjoy homosexuality. Luckily, this is behavior that I haven't seen much here.

To me, it's no different than mint chocolate chip ice cream. That shit is fucking disgusting. But there are people who absolutely love it. Doesn't bother me in the least. Different strokes and all that.

Something people seem to be ignoring in this argument is the difference between moral and visceral disgust. I have no problem with the gays, but I still find the idea of guys buggering each other to be gross. Like mold on food. Sure, some of it is penicillin, but it all looks weird and nauseating.

Am I an intolerant monster merely because I find gay sex viscerally gross?

Great now a sexual orientation and gay right thread.
    I think crossfit threads should be banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    So it's okay, right?
    Ignorance is initially unavoidable (so, sure, it's "okay" in that sense) - holding onto it in the face of the evidence is above all stupid - but when it is bent to rationalize hostility and agression by someone who *should know better*, then it's something other than ignorance and it's no longer "ok".

Homophobia is a perfectly reasonable term for a revulsion for homosexual behavior.

It is NOT a reasonable term for "does not swallow the gay agenda whole".

I actually find it kinda funny. I think calling stupidly prissy things "gay" is closer to the root term, before it got slapped onto homosexuals.

What I find funny are straight "homophobic" guys who go out of there way to introduce butt-fucking and cock-sucking into discussions that it really doesn't belong.

Thumbs up Reality check. . . .

To challenge a world champion in any event regardless of the event is going to require putting up a high level of proficiency. World champions are usually born with a nature given advantage to what they apply themselves to or just lucky?. . . . I doubt that the strongest person in the world would ever be able to be the best endurance athlete in the world even given ample time away from each discipline and trained correctly, if enough lifetime were available. The other little factor to consider is how badly do you want this (to win)? I'm sure that many coaches over the years have seen athletes with great talent get beaten by less gifted individuals that have a true thirst and make it their life to win.
    If you really want to do this then my thinking is that if you can afford the coaching then pay for the best coaching that is available for the many elements that make up CrossFit.
    Good luck.

If I was gay I wouldn't have to suck any dicks. Just sayin'.

starting strength coach development program
    As a female who has been affectionately referred to as a "fag hag" because my best and next to best friends have been gay men (I just cannot tolerate being being in proximity to the levels of estrogen and cellulite present in a room full of women and the behavior associated therewith for very long), I have to say that the overweening defense of homosexuality is amusing. Think about it this way. If everyone were homosexual, you would need the intervention of medical technology to propagate. The ideal that society should promote is stable relationships between men and women for the purpose of creating children who will become productive members of society. That does not mean that gay couples cannot or should not be permitted to adopt and raise children -- it just means that common sense requires recognition of the ideal and biologically normal approach to life. Men and women are different for a reason and trying to deny that is foolish and misguided.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast