starting strength gym
Page 20 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: My quest to be a bad ass Mother

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jones View Post
    Understood completely. What are some of your plans to rejuvenate and energize if I may? Training and Non...both are very important.
    I had a therapy session with Hanley a few weeks ago and we discussed lifting two days a week (one major lift per day) and then include HIIT classes twice a week. I would like to do the following program for 6-weeks.

Tuesday - Volume Squat, I think I should drop down to about 225 and do 5 sets of 5. Increase by 5 weekly. Prowler and accessory work.
    Wednesday - HIIT but I will use lighter weights and focus on cardio rather than strength. I have been playing this stupid little game where I'll target a guy in class and then use the same weights on the circuit. I know it's childish and contributing to my burnout.
    Thursday - Rest
    Friday - Deadlift but drop down to about 315 and focus on volume, 3 sets of 5. Prowler and accessory.
    Saturday - HIIT but again focus on cardio...no more 70lb kettle bell swings.
    Diet - I will follow a strict 1,500k diet for six weeks. This is really going to suck over the holidays but it will stop me from indulging in food and I really want to drop 10 lbs and then come back strong in the new year.
    Mental stress has just taken a huge shift for the better. I have a new job with a company that's really low key compared to the corporate monsters I've worked for over the last 15+ years. My boss left work at 2:30 yesterday to pick up her kids. It's all about work/life balance here and I'm so grateful that I am able to incorporate a little balance in my life. Should set me up to make some huge GAINZ in 2014!

If you have any suggestions then I'm open to them...love to learn from those who have walked the path before me.
    Last edited by Lakshmi Meadows; 11-19-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Congrats on the new job! Sounds really cool. I work for a very small private firm with a good work/life balance, and I consider myself very lucky.
    Volume Deadlifts? 315x3x5? that would destroy me, if all the cardio didn't get me first.
    You are an animal!

Your squats and deadlifts look beautiful. Even the one that exploded, lol. I hope you get the 405 on video!

Quote Originally Posted by Erok View Post
    Congrats on the new job! Sounds really cool. I work for a very small private firm with a good work/life balance, and I consider myself very lucky.
    Volume Deadlifts? 315x3x5? that would destroy me, if all the cardio didn't get me first.
    You are an animal!
    You could totally do it if that was your only lift for the day. Cool that you work for a small firm. I was in Corporate Media for 15+ years. I began to despise the person I had become and I lost myself for a while. I was on the road to becoming Alec Balwin in Glenngary Glen Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Your squats and deadlifts look beautiful. Even the one that exploded, lol. I hope you get the 405 on video!
    Thanks for the encouragement Gwynn. Kept visualizing what 405 would look like today and I got it no problem. Felt great so I decided to go for 415. Not so great. Pretty messy but I got it up, just couldn't lock out though.

http://youtu.be/UqqouK-PMO0

The video actually makes me cringe a little.

Feels great to accomplish all of my goals for the year! I set out to total 900lb and achieved 910 lb. 325 squat, 405 deadlift, 180 bench press. I will close 1000 by the end of March. A B C! Always be closing, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmi Meadows View Post
    Diet - I will follow a strict 1,500k diet for six weeks. This is really going to suck over the holidays but it will stop me from indulging in food and I really want to drop 10 lbs and then come back strong in the new year.
    Hey! I've been meaning to mention something but I kept forgetting. In regards to the above quote - - Two weeks ago I was sticking to a 2000 calorie a day, cardio every day, training etc.. . and you know how shitty and worn I was. And the scale wasn't moving. Last Sunday I weighed in at 311. With the assistance of Callador and Jordan - setting macros, increasing my caloric intake by 1000 calories to 3000 per day and dropping the cardio to barbell complexes twice a week (on rest days) I have went from 311 on Sunday to 304 this morning. Where I am going is I can see similar drive and determination in you and I. We want shit now and will are willing to kill ourselves to do it . . .sometimes we have to back off a bit to proceed. Don't know if it applies to you, but I do know it had been on my mind and I wanted to holler at you before I went to have fun with my complexes this morning. Do your thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmi Meadows View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement Gwynn. Kept visualizing what 405 would look like today and I got it no problem. Felt great so I decided to go for 415. Not so great. Pretty messy but I got it up, just couldn't lock out though.

http://youtu.be/UqqouK-PMO0

The video actually makes me cringe a little.

Feels great to accomplish all of my goals for the year! I set out to total 900lb and achieved 910 lb. 325 squat, 405 deadlift, 180 bench press. I will close 1000 by the end of March. A B C! Always be closing, baby!
    Wow! Great job with your goals, Lakshmi! And I'm with KOTJ: you'll nail 415 next time.

Shmi...your 2nd attempt (the video you posted) was 425, not 415.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    Yeah on the 405 and this is too funny! Did you have no idea at all it was 425?

Love it and congrats!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    Doh! Whatcha gonna do with me! I'm such a hot mess! I thought it was 425 but I was so damn tired when I updated my log. I watched that fucking video and they looked like 5lb weights to me. I didn't want to say it was 425 when it was actually 415.
    Also, no more videos because they're giving me a negative self image. I've always had a really positive self image and I don't like to see myself scrunched in the face and growling. I know I've done it, I don't need to prove it to anyone.
    Last edited by Lakshmi Meadows; 11-23-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Page 20 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast