starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DL Check: 300x5

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I tweaked my lower-back during warm ups (2nd of 5 reps of 225). I'm pissed because I was excited to add weight to the bar for the first time since I started this thread.

I had been travelling this weekend, spent a lot of time in cars and planes, and my back had felt tight all day. Unsure, if this contributed to it. I just took a few advil and am going to ice it heavily for the next 24 hours.
    Back tweaks happen, but fortunately they get better. Be smart about your recovery. Give the back some work as quickly as it can take it, but don't be greedy.

Okay. I think my plan is to spend a couple of days stretching and foam rolling and hopefully go back into the gym somewhere between Friday and Monday with weights reduced 10-20%. (To be honest, the way my back feels today is pretty similar to the way it felt after the first post of this thread before you helped my make my form less bad.)

Give it a day or two to calm down first before stretching or rolling on it. Then work back up.

I'm mostly feeling better, going to head to the gym tomorrow of Monday, see how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I'm mostly feeling better, going to head to the gym tomorrow of Monday, see how it feels.
    Remember, the idea is not to beat on your back until it hurts again. Go easy at first and add stress as appropriate.

Went in on Sunday squated 135x5x3 and deadlifted 135x5x1. (I was at 220x5x3 still on LP prior to injury.) Yesterday, I squated 145x5x3 and deadlifted 155x5x1. I let my back round during my second set of squats and my back feels slightly worse today than yesterday. Not sure if this is because I was too aggressive in my rehab schedule or if it is just because I wasn't concentrating and let my back round. I am trying to decided between a couple of plans.

1) Lift tomorrow as scheduled making sure to not round my back. (155x5x3 on squats 175x5x1 on Deads).
    2) Take a few days off and start Starr rehab protocol on Sunday.
    3) Somewhere in the middle.

I recommend not letting your back round. If this shit is light for you, there is no reason to get sloppy. Find a weight that you can lift properly. Then, lift it properly.

starting strength coach development program
    Well put. I added weight today, focused on keeping my back flat and everything was fine. I will check back in when I am back to my pre-injury levels.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345