starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Return to exile

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ah! Yes! There's also the birds that fly down the chimney & get stuck in the fireplace. Great memories.

Default Week of 2/28 Week 12 of HLM

Pop.

Almost made it.

On my last squat warmup (300 for a single), there was a slight popping sensation in the groin. Area. Region. Not to get too anatomically technical. I threw my work set on the bar, but knew by rep 2 that it wha'n' gone happen. I've been resting and it's been getting better daily. Dunno.

I wasn't very kind to myself this week as I've been helping friends move; poor sleep, poor nutrition, unplanned lifting, etc. I was glad to help and got to show off some functional strength when I helped carry a woodstove out of the basement up a tight twisty stairwell. So, there's that.

After BP, I couldn't break my DL off the floor. 3 attempts. Did actually get it off the floor on #3, but only barely. I know it was my mind failing me after the 'pop'.

Combining that bit of news with a March that has me out of town a lot and the pressing numbers of a 14 year old, I'm going to do some fuckarouding for a few weeks then I'll start structured programming again with a 4-day split.

Here's the very anti-climactic end to my HLM run:

BW: 221 (HIIT seems to be working. Too well, perhaps? Eat moar!)

Sa:
    SQ: pop
    BP: 177.5 5x5
    DL: 395 F/F/F
    sad
    Chins: 7 min DB for 26

Su:
    HIIT

M:
    OHP: 135 x5 / 115 3x5
    Chins: DB for 27

T:
    HIIT

W:
    BP: 190 x 4 / 155 10/9/7
    Chins: +25# 5/5/3
    Curls: yes, curls
    Last edited by gatorinexile; 03-04-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Default Week of 3/7

Skied my ass off.

May have actually skied some of my ass off. It always amazes me how I go on these mini-vacations (4-5 days), eat like absolute crap (high CHO / F and low PRO), drink way too much, don't exercise yet come back the same weight or less. I can only figure I'm trading in some muscle for adipose tissue. Yay!

BW: 220

Friday: Drank, skied, drank, ate.
    Saturday: Skied, drank, skied, drank, ate.
    Sunday: Well, you get the idea.

On the groin front, I can do air squats pain free now, and whatever I did didn't effect my ability to ski - so that's good.

I have volume squats planed for Sunday - will warm up slow and hope for the best.

How is the training going? I'm also curious if you set up your 4 day split, and how that compares to HLM.

Haven't really gotten into it, yet. I was out of town for more than 1/3 of March, so I just played around with the 4-day set-up (though I only got one 4-day week in) and did some bro stuff.

Still can't squat heavy, but I feel like it's almost there / healed. I need it badly. My DL is barely holding steady. Only pulled 385x3 last week. As much as I never looked forward to squatting heavy, now I miss it.

I'm planning on kicking it off in earnest this weekend.

How is the lifting going? Or back still an issue?

Groin seems to be healed, but now I'm groin deep in a frame up bathroom remodel (while keeping my day job).

This is tiring and unhealthy. I'm already down to <215 and I've got over a week to go. Pretty sure that more than adipose is being consumed.

I really miss the iron. Can't wait to get back.

starting strength coach development program
    Hmm. I wonder what happened to the rest of that post ^^? I probably said something illuminating. Shame.

That 9 day bathroom remodel turned into 6 weeks. I'm down to 208. Sheesh. That was lame. Bathroom looks pretty sweet doe.

1st day lifting since pre-demo. Trying to keep DOMS to a minimum.

Sq: 225 2x5
    Ohp: 95 5/5/8-just cause
    Dl: 315x3

I left on the 5 hole (belt), now I squeeze it into the 3 hole with ease. Hoping to pick back up all regular-like.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345