starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: October Iron Fest - A Starting Strength Event

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    As per Andy Baker's "Prepping for Your First Powerlifting Meet", my goals for the meet were:

1. Show up
    2. Go 9/9
    3. Be able to drive myself home (not hurt myself)

In my linear progression leading up I my lifts were S: 340, D: 355, P: 135 3x5. So that's what I picked for my opening lifts.

In the end, I ended up with 3 PRs (obvious since I had only done 3x5s up until now):

Squat 340-360-380
    Press 135-145-155
    Dead 355-375-395

My only wish is that the participants had all got together at the end of the meet for a couple of group photos. It was a nice group of people that showed up.

Element CrossFit in Mississauga is a fine facility and the people were great all around.

As for Post-Meet Analysis (also suggested in Andy's article), I'd say I've got to be sure to push my upper body strength (nothing new there) and drop some flab while continuing adding weight to the bar to be in a better place next year. I also wish I had video of all my competition lifts, need to be sure to organize that or just ask someone to hold my phone next time I participate.

Thanks to all the organizers, see you next year!

The full set of results are now available.

http://startingstrength.com/files/oc...14_results.pdf

Awesome. Thanks Tom.

starting strength coach development program
    I have a handful of pictures and one short videoclip taken at the San Antonio Iron Fest. Since I didn't ask anyone if I could take these pictures, I won't post them here without permission. If you competed in SATX, I may have at least one picture of you. Send me a PM if you want me to send you your picture (then you can post it yourself if you want). These are not great pictures, I took them with my iPhone, but they're ok.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345