starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DL form check

Default DL form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have made it back to 305 after 30 pound deload. I am frustrated becasue i feel like i should be pulling more and still having a hard time nailing form. I have been having some hip/glute issues which is messing with my confidence. Anyhow thanks for feedback.
    I am 30. 6'0 and about 220 lbs. Week 12 of LP

305x5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WIYxJU2llE

I have to hand it to you, those looked really hard. I thought we might get to witness the celebrated deadlift fountain on your first rep.

You are struggling a little with positioning, especially on the first rep. Note how you push the bar forward with your shins and how your back angle move around. You consistently drop your butt a little too low prior to each rep. Do the steps in the sticky verbatim. Don't allow the bar to move. You want to get very tight. On your first rep, it looks like you don't commit to pulling the bar off the ground until a second or two into the attempt. This shit is hard and deadlifts are no exception. What kind of jumps are you making on deads? How often are you doing them? What are you squatting right now?

I am making 5lb jumps on DL. I do the M & F, then the next week on Wed. So I either do them twice a week or once. I am squatting 265 right now and will do 270 today.

And to clarify what I am frustrated with is the 1st initial pull and the difficulty. After that it's much more manageable. Then again what do I know I've only been doing this for 12 weeks.

Try deadlifting once a week. We will test my hypothesis that you are a little fatigued.

As an aside, this is my favorite deadlifting video of all time. You will want to listen to it as well to fully appreciate things.

Thanks, Tom. Is their a preference as to what day of the week I pick? Wednesday makes most sense I think.

Depends upon what your setup is. I rather like to get deads out of the way on Monday, but there is no one right answer here. See what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Try deadlifting once a week. We will test my hypothesis that you are a little fatigued.

As an aside, this is my favorite deadlifting video of all time. You will want to listen to it as well to fully appreciate things.
    Fucking hell is that for real! I hope that doesn't happen to me in my gym.

Quote Originally Posted by danlightbulb View Post
    Fucking hell is that for real! I hope that doesn't happen to me in my gym.
    I believe that is for real. They even put down some towels onto which he could vomit. A lovely video. Thank you, Internet, for making it possible to witness such important things.

starting strength coach development program
    I would be interested to know if the OP is doing powercleans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast