Default Help Adding Carbs

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Male
    26 years old
    5'11"
    185 lbs

I never really tracked what I ate until I started SS last month. I've been aiming to get 100/300/200 (f/c/p) but struggle getting enough carbs some days. What is a good way to increase my carb intake?

Do you think the macros above are a decent place to start and see how it goes, or would you recommend a change?

That puts me around 3000 kcal. I feel like I should be closer to 3500 or 4000, but I also feel like I'm eating a ton already. I guess I used to under eat, so now I feel like I eat a lot. If I drink more than 1/2 gallon of milk/day it causes me issues out back.

I don't know if that's the right macro count because you didn't tell me what those macros are doing to your weight...so...what are they doing to your weight? If they are helping your make the appropriate changes, i.e. gaining weight, then they are spot on. If not, they aren't.

A good way to increase carb intake? Eat more carbohydrates. Rice, oats, potatoes, ice cream and pop tarts are your friends.

When I started I was 178. I think today is day 2 of week 4. So far I've hit all my weight increases except 1, but I was able to determine it was a form issue that has since been corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    A good way to increase carb intake? Eat more carbohydrates.

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    When I started I was 178. I think today is day 2 of week 4. So far I've hit all my weight increases except 1, but I was able to determine it was a form issue that has since been corrected.
    Yea so I think your rate of weight gain is fine and should not preclude you from adding weight to the bar.