starting strength gym
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: A personal question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The first time I consciously took notice of Chicago / CTA was years ago on a youtube video showing Rip coaching a girl to squat. The song playing in the background was Introduction, one of Kath's compositions, and it blew me away. Great music and good guitar playing.

While the "best guitarist" discussion is indeed pointless, there are still a couple names suspiciously missing. While Joe Bonamassa and Eric Johnson are indeed fabulous players, it was decided years ago on the internet that the title belongs to someone else. Let me introduce you to three fantastic electric guitar players that have a legitimate shot at it.

If you haven't, you should listen to the Larry Coryell albums when he thought he might be rock/jazz instead of jazz/rock. Lady Coryell, Real Great Escape, Coryell. Late 60s/early 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Rip,

I don't know how far your tastes in brass playing wander, but here's a few that remind me how great sounds can be made by humans:

The fun starts at about 0:58...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drhq4frGo60

An off-path piece, long but fun to listen to, imho. If you're not wanting to spend 10 minutes with it, around 7:30 in gives a concise idea...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPGWxe9G8Dc
    Please learn to parse your Youtube links correctly. I haven't got time to fix these.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by steven-miller View Post
    The first time I consciously took notice of Chicago / CTA was years ago on a youtube video showing Rip coaching a girl to squat. The song playing in the background was Introduction, one of Kath's compositions, and it blew me away. Great music and good guitar playing.

While the "best guitarist" discussion is indeed pointless, there are still a couple names suspiciously missing. While Joe Bonamassa and Eric Johnson are indeed fabulous players, it was decided years ago on the internet that the title belongs to someone else. Let me introduce you to three fantastic electric guitar players that have a legitimate shot at it.

Guthrie Govan seems to be able to play any style imaginable while always sounding like he's been playing that style for his entire life. He is incredible. I have an album of him playing with the jazz group he plays with and it's arguably even more enjoyable than his solo album.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678