starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift From Check please! (Part3)

Default Deadlift From Check please! (Part3)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Okay, I think I got it down this time, but just wanted to check in with someone more knowledgeable.

Here is my initial thread -
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=50001

Here is the thread I made after -
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=50334

And here is my most recent deadlift vid.

Thanks in advance! Its awesome what you all do for the SS community.

Those look pretty good. Just a hint of rounding on the fourth and fifth reps. As you fatigue, work hard to keep your back flat as you stand up. Are you keeping the bar on your legs on the way up? You may have a hint of a stiff legged deadlift happening here. Cannot say for sure without a slightly more anterior view.

Thats good to hear. I'm pretty sure I remember the bar dragging on the legs the whole time. I'll record this week's set a little more from the front.

When you say a little stiff legged deadlift happening, are you implying that my hips might be starting a little too high, thus not enough leg movement? Or are you implying I might be letting the bar drift away from the legs during the lift?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Championadrien View Post
    Thats good to hear. I'm pretty sure I remember the bar dragging on the legs the whole time. I'll record this week's set a little more from the front.

When you say a little stiff legged deadlift happening, are you implying that my hips might be starting a little too high, thus not enough leg movement? Or are you implying I might be letting the bar drift away from the legs during the lift?

Thanks again!
    It just looks like you may be straightening your legs out a little too early, but I cannot really tell from the video and I might be wrong about that. If the bar were coming off your legs, that would be sign that perhaps I am correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    It just looks like you may be straightening your legs out a little too early, but I cannot really tell from the video and I might be wrong about that. If the bar were coming off your legs, that would be sign that perhaps I am correct.
    Hmm. Should I do this weeks set exactly as I've been doing them and record from an anterior angle, or cue something differently and record from an anterior angle?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Championadrien View Post
    Hmm. Should I do this weeks set exactly as I've been doing them and record from an anterior angle, or cue something differently and record from an anterior angle?
    Yep, do them as you always do. Keep the camera off to the side, but with enough angle to the front that we can see your shins the whole time.