starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I stay at this weight or increase next workout?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Mac told you to eat more 2 weeks ago, when you weighed 210. What do you weigh now?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Mac told you to eat more 2 weeks ago, when you weighed 210. What do you weigh now?
    Last weigh in was Sat am @ 216lbs

I think you will find that deloading 10%, making 10lb jumps initially and then slowing to 5lbs will be more satisfying. It's less terrifying, you WIN instead of FAILING, and you give the body a little bit of a chance to recover. If you drop 30lbs, you'll be back to where you are in a week and a half. You have made 3 attempts, you haven't hit it once, you have wasted a week and a half.

Without further information, I would recommend a deload, work you form, speed, and technique, come back and crush it.

Eat more.

I'm 6'3, I broke 240 yesterday. I ain't done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Ward View Post
    I think you will find that deloading 10%, making 10lb jumps initially and then slowing to 5lbs will be more satisfying. It's less terrifying, you WIN instead of FAILING, and you give the body a little bit of a chance to recover. If you drop 30lbs, you'll be back to where you are in a week and a half. You have made 3 attempts, you haven't hit it once, you have wasted a week and a half.

Without further information, I would recommend a deload, work you form, speed, and technique, come back and crush it.

Eat more.

I'm 6'3, I broke 240 yesterday. I ain't done yet.
    Thanks - I'll drop 30lbs, increase by 10lbs per session back to where I am and then carry on in 5lbs increments once I've nailed this sticking weight.

I carry on eating too. I'm getting through a lot of boiled eggs and protein powder at the moment! Might need to increase my carbs some more.

Increase everything. Get your abuzz back after you have hit 235.

I have a pretty simple rule about adding weight on the LP. If I get all reps, I go up in weight, period. Even if it takes everything I've got to get that last rep, if I got it I go up.

starting strength coach development program
    It really is that simple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12