starting strength gym
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Training - TM

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Week 5 Workout 3

Intensity day

Squat 1x5 @133kgs PR felt awesome. think i could have done 3x5 with not too much trouble. the belt is giving me a good 10kgs at least.
    Bench 1x5 @215lbs (easy as)
    Dips 2x10, 1x8 @+35lbs (not bad, but pretty heavy)
    Clurlz misc
    Cleans misc - practiced cleans with a guy who knows what he is on about, much to learn.

Jsutt Guest

Nice work, not far off 3 plates now.

was thinking that today!!

3 more weeks and i am programmed to hit 3 metric plates. when i started 7 months ago that was 30kgs more than my 1rm. this strength training thing works!

Week 6 Workout 1

Volume Day

Squat 5x5 @ 119kgs (first 3 sets were ok, last two were hard - about the same as last week)
    OHP 5x5 @ 51kgs (pretty good, short breaks)
    Back extension 5x10 @ +35lbs

a quick note. i am doing my 5x5 without a belt and doing my 1x5 with a belt.

Week 6 Workout 2

Recovery Day

Squat 2x5 @95kgs felt good, not sore because i had an extra day rest because of study.
    Bench 3x5 @200lbs easy
    Deads 1x5 @163kgs pr. pretty hard, about the same as last week. probably a 9-9.5
    Chins 1x10, 1x9, 1x6 tired
    Curls 1xlots @70lbs + drop t 45lbs for about 5 or so. tired and went home.

Week 6 Workout 3

Intensity day

Squat 1x5 @135kgs PR felt shit. waited too long from warming up i think. got them though.
    OHP 1x5 @56kgs PR felt way better than last week. technique felt on point today.
    Dips 3x10 @+35lbs (not bad, better than last week)
    Clurlz misc
    Cleans misc - holy fucking shit these were bad. basically warmed up, hit my balls with the bar and gave up.

tabata 8 rounds on the bike. hr peaked at 187bpm. that is 3bpm from my age predicted max. i didn't feel i was going to die either.

Good work so far. Going to be following along....all of our lifts are very similar. I have a month or two left on linear progression(I hope), then I plan on using the TM as well when the time is right. So curious to see how well you progress on the program before I switch over.

thanks. i actually prefer tm i think. i seem to really get a lot out of the big stimulus at the start of the week. and the recovery session works as advertised making the intensity session possible. i think coming from the starting strength program to tm you will enjoy the variety a bit. i know i sure did!

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah I ran up to 285 on squats without stalling over a 4 month period. Pretty sure I hit a recovery brick wall. So I deloaded and have started a light day on Wednesday, and hopefully can push a ways past the stall. If I get a good run I may deload once more before switching to TM. Aso have not stalled yet on DL, so going to cut my frequency in half and start alternating power cleans and deads. Recovery becoming a problem on those as well. I figure sometime around the end of the year I'll be on TM.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast