starting strength gym

Thread: If I take a day off from Starr rehab

Default If I take a day off from Starr rehab

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    …am I a total pussy?

More importantly, am I fucking up my recovery, or just making it take longer than is possible and probably optimal?

I ask because although the injured muscle (adductor) seems to be coming along fine the rest of my body doesn't seem to be handling the high-volume every day workouts so well. Soreness is building up and making regular movement difficult and my chronic patellar tendonitis is flaring up too, to the point where I can't stand up from seated position without using my arms to assist in some way.
    I'm 3 workout days away from completing the progression.
    44 year old male.

Thank you for any insight you can offer.

I think you'll probably be okay.

Thanks.

I hate starting new threads to discuss related topics, so I'll ask here: is the Starr method appropriate for post-dislocation shoulder rehab? I know it's specific to muscle bellies. Is that what's injured (rotator cuff muscles) in a dislocation? College rugby player son popped his out and right back in a month ago and has been directed to dither with innie outies with a rubber band. I'm at the end of my patience with that, but want to verify strict, shrugged, light presses and bench presses for high reps are appropriate for this purpose.

Presses and chins, no benches. SEARCH FUNCTION.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think you'll probably be okay.
    I bet he catches fire and dies.

Speaking of bets, I ain't hear a peep out of Obama about Medicare For All (or whatever) yet.
    Still feeling confident about that?

As a matter of fact, I got my notice from BCBSTX yesterday. They are cancelling my policy effective 12/31/14 because it doesn't comply with the ACA, i.e. it doesn't offer me birth control. I'll be allowed to search for a new policy starting 11/15. Perhaps I'll have Ebola before it expires. Thanks, Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Been View Post
    I hate starting new threads to discuss related topics, so I'll ask here: is the Starr method appropriate for post-dislocation shoulder rehab? I know it's specific to muscle bellies. Is that what's injured (rotator cuff muscles) in a dislocation? College rugby player son popped his out and right back in a month ago and has been directed to dither with innie outies with a rubber band. I'm at the end of my patience with that, but want to verify strict, shrugged, light presses and bench presses for high reps are appropriate for this purpose.

I did this same thing years ago and have dealt with pain in my left shoulder for a long time. The only thing that has made it better is heavy presses, chins and dips (and dips used to be really painful). Strengthen the muscles around the joint. I found the band and dumbbell rehab exercises to be straight up bullshit. The stronger I get the better my shoulder feels.

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    I bet he catches fire and dies.
    Not yet, although my patellar tendons might fairly be described as feeling 'on fire'.
    I'm done with rehab and I do my first post-rehab squat workout tomorrow.
    Vitamin I.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    As a matter of fact, I got my notice from BCBSTX yesterday. They are cancelling my policy effective 12/31/14 because it doesn't comply with the ACA, i.e. it doesn't offer me birth control. I'll be allowed to search for a new policy starting 11/15. Perhaps I'll have Ebola before it expires. Thanks, Matt.
    For what?
    I think the ACA is dumb as bag of hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtN View Post
    Not yet, although my patellar tendons might fairly be described as feeling 'on fire'.
    I'm done with rehab and I do my first post-rehab squat workout tomorrow.
    Vitamin I.
    That doesn't sound like much fun.