starting strength gym
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Lifting wins again

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Yes, but I am not driving her all the way to Wichita Falls, Anyway, Heathrow is not far from Dallas these days.

She was head judge at a meet I did earlier this year, and stepped out to deadlift herself. She is definitely a little bit mad but respect to anyone, male or female, who steps on the platform at nearly 70 years old. Especially if they cure cancer while they're doing it.

Get a flight to Birmingham.

Raw food is awesome. Especially raw tuna, salmon roe, uni, oyster shooters, and blue rare ahi or beef. These things always cure what ails me.

Quote Originally Posted by latinlifter View Post
    It's good to see a woman, especially of her age, getting stronger and fighting cancer.

BUT, and it's a big "but", the implication that you can self-treat and cure cancer by eating raw and doing a "healthy" lifestyle is plainly wrong. The article, and I suspect the whole webpage, is highly misleading. This kind of information should be eradicated from the Internet.
    www.chrisbeatcancer.com

Just pointing out it's not plainly wrong and does work for some people when they seek alternative treatment, the guy who runs the website himself had stage 3 colon cancer and used a raw food diet as well. It's not widely accepted by the medical field obviously but it's been done.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Raw food is awesome. Especially raw tuna, salmon roe, uni, oyster shooters, and blue rare ahi or beef. These things always cure what ails me.
    Especially if what ails you is hunger in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Especially if what ails you is hunger in California.
    If I came to Texas, the cattle would get scared.

Quote Originally Posted by jhlasnik View Post
    www.chrisbeatcancer.com

Just pointing out it's not plainly wrong and does work for some people when they seek alternative treatment, the guy who runs the website himself had stage 3 colon cancer and used a raw food diet as well. It's not widely accepted by the medical field obviously but it's been done.
    It has been done. Really? How can somebody be so sure that he cured cancer BY eating raw?? Did somebody studied the causality??? How many people have ever done this? Unless shown proof, studies involving many people, I call that BS.

I'm not telling people what to do with their lives, if they want an alternative treatment or they have tried everything and don't lose anything trying something else by all means go and try it. But promoting this as an alternative treatment, like giving you any hope that it may work, it's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by jhlasnik View Post
    www.chrisbeatcancer.com

Fact 1: Person eats/does weird thing. Fact 2: Person's cancer goes away. Fact 3: These may or may not be related.

Just because it's been done doesn't mean they were causally related. Sometimes cancer just goes away on its own. When enough people try a strange alternative, some of them are going to have it "work" for them.

I'm not saying it's not possible that alternative treatments don't work, but there's no real evidence of it. Plenty of people have gone on raw food diets, for example, and then died of their cancer.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by latinlifter View Post
    It has been done. Really?
    Somehow, people believe that the simple application of heat to meat and vegetables doesn't merely make the digestive process easier by breaking down more complex proteins and carbohydrates, it DESTROYS all these beneficial anti-cancer substances and digestive enzymes that plants and other animals have somehow evolved to provide to us for our digestive and oncological convenience.

California. The Source of All Silliness.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast