starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check please

Smile Squat form check please

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello everyone. since I haven't found an appropriare section let me first introduce myself

My name is Davide and I'm a beginner lifter from Naples, Italy. I have been lifting on nd off i commercial gym for two or three years but since march i gotmyself a squat stand, oly barbell and some plates (the greatest things is that I got a vintage italian bar and nearly 100kg of plates for 50 euro!)

I started starting strength after buying and reading the book and my lifts went up pretty good, but I'd like to receive some help for my squat.

here you can see an empty bar to120kg progression. The problem is that, after showing it to some friendwho are ceritfied powerlifting they told me that i round my back too much. I do trust them , but I'd like to receive some info and suggestion from you too, since we follow the same training method.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRiaghP4AO8

Thanks a lot and sorry for the long post, I hope it hasn't bothered you

P.S.

I'm sorry if you find any error with my english, I'm not a mother tongue so please be pacient =)

Ciao Davide,

Unfortunately, your video is so dark and underexposed that I cannot say a lot about your back. If it is rounding, however, it probably isn't rounding much. I only looked at your work sets. While your back may not be rounding, you are well above parallel on all of your reps, your knees are not out enough, and you aren't really driving up with your hips.

My solutions:

Go deeper.
    Drive your knees out more. This will help with going deeper.
    Initiate this move with your hips and keep driving up to the top of the squat with your hips.

Lastly, watch the bar position video on this site.