starting strength gym

Thread: Tight Pec Causing Pain in Shoulder and Biceps

Default Tight Pec Causing Pain in Shoulder and Biceps

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have been diagnosed with a Tight Pec Minor which is causing me pain and discomfort in the shoulder and bicep. This is probably caused from working on a computer and long drives.

Obviously, stretching the Pec as well as increased pulling movements will help this condition. It's painful to do pushups or the bench press. Pressing doesn't hurt but there is discomfort (both bicep and tricep) and I feel slightly weaker in the arm which is causing me issues. I have absolutely no issues doing any other lift (ie DL, PC, Chins or Squats). In fact, I feel much better when doing them.

When doing SS schedule, shall i stop all pushing movements (bench press & press) until this is resolved. Or should I continue Pressing and stop Bench Press? If I am to continue Pressing, should I do this 1,2 or 3 times a week as my sole pushing movement?

Thanks

Who delivered this incredible bullshit diagnosis to you? Did you pay him or her?

Yes I did (unfortunately). A physiotherapist near where I live diagnosed it. He said it is causing the shoulder head to be internally rotated or moved from where it is supposed to be (not exactly sure the technical term he used). I assume you disagree with him?

In what country do you live, where the principle of Occam's Razor is not taught in the undergraduate curriculum?

I'm Australian but I live in Bahrain for work purposes. The quality of Physio's here are obviously not as good as back home. I take it you do not agree with his diagnosis. What's your view as to what I should/shouldn't be doing in terms of rehab as well the SS Schedule?

starting strength coach development program
    I think you need an actual diagnosis from someone who is actually capable of performing such a thing before you ask people on the internet what to do. Since there is no relationship between the pec minor and shoulder pain in what is almost always the area of the rotator cuff and bicep tendons, why would this exotic diagnosis stand in the absence of an MRI?