starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving the Piano

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I lifted my 50 lbs grandson overhead into the branches of a tree with ease. I don't know what other practical application I can think of for squats and such. Oh, I can now kneel easily and go to a full prostration on Pentecost without difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    About the heaviest thing I can move more easily is my own fat ass up an obstacle like a big rock or something.
    Now SB that is no way to talk about your Mrs, you need to apply a little more tact mate.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    I can now kneel easily and go to a full prostration on Pentecost without difficulty.
    I think you need to face Mecca mate.

The Muslim stole the prayer posture from us. Christians have been praying in the full prostration for centuries before the Muslims were even conjured up. We face East awaiting the return of Christ. We invented Domes as well.

Lifting heavy things has become easy and enjoyable after a year of gains. Lifting asymmetrical heavy things or lifting heavy things and rotating still puts anyone at risk of injury. I just rediscovered that after lifting a large log sculpture off my workbench and twisting to stand it upright on the floor. I also found that I can heal my back faster by doing squats with lighter weight. Things just seem to fall back into place.
    Last edited by Bestafter60; 10-26-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Duplicate post deleted

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    The Muslim stole the prayer posture from us. Christians have been praying in the full prostration for centuries before the Muslims were even conjured up. We face East awaiting the return of Christ. We invented Domes as well.
    Can I ask you then, how do you know Christ will return from the east? The reason I ask is in the book of Acts is says He descends, so whereever you are on this globe He will appear always from over head.

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Also He Himself states His coming is visible right across the scope of the visible sky.

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
    Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
    Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
    Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
    Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

So am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bestafter60 View Post
    Lifting heavy things has become easy and enjoyable after a year of gains. Lifting asymmetrical heavy things or lifting heavy things and rotating still puts anyone at risk of injury. I just rediscovered that after lifting a large log sculpture off my workbench and twisting to stand it upright on the floor. I also found that I can heal my back faster by doing squats with lighter weight. Things just seem to fall back into place.
    That's what I am attempting to say. Strength training and lifting weights is great, but the training in itself should not the be the end goal, well at least for us older folk, the flow on effects of this type of training continues right into old age.

The other benfit is to workers who work in physically demanding work, such as brickies, builders, plumbers, anywhere loads have to be moved, especially assymetrical type lifting, which as you say have inherent dangers.

starting strength coach development program
    Wal,

I sent you a private message.
    Last edited by carson; 10-27-2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: changed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123