starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flu Shot

Default Flu Shot

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Dr. Feigenbaum

I was curious as to your opinion on the flu shot. Do you recommend getting it? I'm sure you probably didn't have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by lifter285 View Post
    Dr. Feigenbaum

I was curious as to your opinion on the flu shot. Do you recommend getting it? I'm sure you probably didn't have a choice.
    Yes, get the flu shot. A few dozen 20-30 somethings in good health die every year from the flu that a vaccine would've helped with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Yes, get the flu shot. A few dozen 20-30 somethings in good health die every year from the flu that a vaccine would've helped with.
    Really? So many? I wasnt aware of that. Damn, i might reconsider my stance on flu vaccination then..

Appointment scheduled. Will it give me gainz?

Um, I am pretty sure that we conclusively determined flu shots are a commie plot in E&P's.

Do you know how many people get the flu, or die from it who did get the vaccine? Not being a smart ass, just curious, topic came up at work. I'm 27 haven't had a flu shot since I can remember, 10+ years? Also never got the flu. I'm a HVAC man and am constantly exposed to people the elements and all the shit that flows through the air condensed onto a air filter for me.

Dr. Feigenbaum

At what age should one start getting a flu shot?

Ok got injected. If I soon develop the flu, start walking backwards, or stop breathing I won't be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by lifter285 View Post
    Dr. Feigenbaum

I have the choice of refusing but I still get it. The flu flat out sucks if you get it, even when young and healthy. And besides the deaths as Jordan mentioned, you're helping to not pass it onto the elderly or very young through herd immunity. Good for you. Good for your fellow humans.

starting strength coach development program
    A few dozen 20-30 somethings in good health die every year from the flu that a vaccine would've helped with.
    That is a pretty bold statement that has no facts to back it up. The flu shot is not a guarantee that you won't catch the flu. Nor will it "lessen the flu experience" if you do catch the flu. The influenza vaccine only "protects" against certain strains of the flu. Death from the flu is rare. The CDC combines Influenza AND pneumonia related deaths. It is very unlikely that these "healthy" individuals died from the flu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast