starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift check

Default Deadlift check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

Any critique on my form? Failed on the fourth rep. I feel like I should be lifting this weight more easily.

Pass: deadliftcheck

https://vimeo.com/109826204

Thanks.

I would stop the overextension at the very top, but those look okay. It think it is just a little too heavy for you. What are you squatting? What are your jumps on the deadlift?

My PR was 114kg for 3 sets of 5, couldn't get 116 so I deloaded 10% and now I'm stuck at 107kg squatting a bit deeper than before. I'm making 2 kg jumps on both the deadlift and squat.
    I should have phrased my sentence differently probably. I feel this weight is light relative to my bw of 82 kg and overall weightgain. I've been on the program for about 11 months now (too long) and started at about 62 kg.

The good news is that at 82 kg, you are certainly not overweight. You have not been training 3 times a week without interruption and actually doing the program for 11 months. Addition would dictate a different outcome. There are either layoffs or multiple deloads in there. How tall are you? Also, I am confused by your post. Are you deadlifting three sets of five? How often do you deadlift?

Slightly different username but the same person (computer crashed)

I'm 5 '8 ". I trained 3x a week for the first 6/7 months. Then I started to lose motivation because I stalled at fairly low weights for all my lifts(not just deadlift) even though my bodyweight went up. The last 4/5 months I've been going 1/2 a week, so I deadlifted once a week or once every two weeks for 1 set of 5. Fixing my form and my programming should be my priority so I dont keep running in circels. Im also recomitting to training 3x a week.

Bump for the Comrade.

Bump for Mother Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverb22 View Post
    Bump for Mother Russia.
    Heh. Looks like The Comrade is out undermining a capitalist plot or some other important business for Glory of Party.

Re-committing to training 3x/week is the best idea. Consistency is king. It's been 9 days since you wrote that; you should have trained at least 4 times since - have you?

I haven't missed a session since I posted that. I deloaded the squat and deadlift trying to work the weight back up. The 1x100% 2x95% approach plus some form tweaks got things moving on the bench. I'm going to try that with the squat and press as well. Deadlifting once a week is probably not a bad thing either at this point. Then I'll (finally) give intermediate programming a shot.

Does that sound like a good plan? Commies are all about planning after all.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverb22 View Post
    I haven't missed a session since I posted that. I deloaded the squat and deadlift trying to work the weight back up. The 1x100% 2x95% approach plus some form tweaks got things moving on the bench.
    By this do you mean one set of five at the desired working weight and two sets at a slightly reduced percentage of that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast