starting strength gym

Thread: Pectoral pull rehab questions

Default Pectoral pull rehab questions

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I pulled a pectoral muscle 4 weeks ago, I lightly worked it and lightly retested it for the past few weeks. Today I felt it pull pretty nicely, similar to when I first pulled it (bench pressing, and frustratingly enough not while straining or putting a bunch of effort on the rep where it pulled). I didn't do Starr's muscle belly rehab the first time, because I thought this might be an old pull back to haunt me (had a minor pull about 4 years ago finishing a double leg on a guy) but I don't think the first pull was as deep as this one and I am starting to suspect it might just be a different issue.

My question, is it worth going through the Starr method on the chance it's fresh enough a strain that I can rehab it? If it's a chronic thing, that it have only discovered now that I have returned to bench pressing (6 weeks of SS) is the incline a viable substitute? I did some incline presses over the summer, and one workout my pec felt a bit tight, but never the pulled/strained sensation. So I ask this in the event the bench press turns out to be a constant exercise in frustration.

If incline has too much overlap with press, what exercise would you suggest in place of the bench press, provided I can avoid the same pectoral stress if rehab doesn't make the bench viable?

How wide is your grip? You might get away with moderating your grip if it is fairly wide now.

I've been using a narrower grip and haven't had much trouble for a couple of years, pec strains used to be a common problem for me.

does finishing a double leg mean a blow job?