starting strength gym

Thread: In the Long Run...

Default In the Long Run...

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    what do you envision for the SSCA? Will it become a self-sustaining organization, with a board, a CEO, annual conference, etc., going on forever, or at least for the foreseeable future? The only reason I ask is that I am a few years older than you and think about such things. If it is none of my business I know you will tell me.

It is soon to be a self-sustaining organization, with by-laws and a BOD. We obviously now have an annual conference. I'd like to see the SSCA administer the coaching evaluation process instead of the company. Maybe some of the other SSCs will add their comments.

For me, I see the SSCA as nothing less than a force that alters the arc of health and fitness. I see this happening by the controlled spread of excellent coaching (with never watered down standards), widespread acceptance of the SSC credential as the Gold Standard in strength (read: personal) training, and robust research generated by the SSCA itself (thanks to Sully/Jordan/Science Committee) that withstands scientific scrutiny.