Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
Star bucks specifically over grinds to save money, hence stronger more bitter coffee. I don't like their roast either. All that and you can use a clover but they fucked it with their cost cutting to use less beans. Brew method is third tier when it comes to taste. If you are gonna bone the grind you hamstring the flavor.

There are good coffee shops in the US and shit coffee. I've experienced good and bad coffee all over the world. Some people care about craft and some don't.
I also think french press is over rated. It's quite a bit of timing and skill to get a rated cup out of one. Much easier to use an aero press.

There are also fantastic drip machines Like the bonavita and the technovorm moccamaster.
It may vary in some locations, but the general ethos of Starbucks and the way we ran my store - I managed one for a while - did not abide by what you assert regarding their grinding. Many don't like the way the coffee is roasted, but others do.

Aero Press is great. French press is indeed a bit of a hassle, but I like the ritual of it.