starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check @ 350 pounds

Default Squat Check @ 350 pounds

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

I think those are some decent looking squats. You tend to let go at the bottom to get your bounce. This results in you going too deep and having to tighten up against the weight again on the ascent. I do the same thing. Stay tighter, especially on the last few inches. No need to flex that left wrist over the bar, either. Aside from those rather small tweaks, carry on.

Thanks Tom.

Today at 355 was one of my most frustrating squat experiences in a long time. I'm almost glad I don't have a video because on the last rep of the last set, my left hand ended up sliding all the way out to touch the plate, letting my upper back get loose, which led to the bar moving on my back. I got inside my own head. It really seems that I've been letting that left hand be out of position for too long and need to work it back into the correct spot. I was able to keep that left hand stapled to the bar in the 2nd set, so I'll just keep working on it.

Busted a seam in my shorts while in the hole, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kejaed View Post
    Busted a seam in my shorts while in the hole, too.
    Michael Wolf feels your pain. Keep after it. Tightness and consistency are key. Are you putting a light day in there at any point?

No light day yet. Also still pulling deadlifts and power cleans every other workout. I am cognizant of the fact that I'll move into advanced novice territory sooner or later though. Any reason not to continue to push while I can or until I miss reps?

That bad day was one where I got turned around timing wise, ended up doing that last set of shitty squats after bench due to the fact that I'm helping 4 others work through the start of the LP in our work gym. First world problems!

If all is going well, don't mess with it. Nice work.

Worked my way up to 370. Left hand has been something to seriously work on, mostly holding on tight and widening grip a little bit. This is my 2nd set. Definitly came forward on one of them there. In my last set I had no gas left in the tank, got 3. Rested a minute at the rack and was going to finish the last 2, but baaaaarely got 1. Time for a light day I think and not pulling every workout, as per The Book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA94l6wnOBY

Just got stapled to the pins at 375 at lunch, got 4 done in the first set and only 1 in the second before crash and bang. Absolutely time to change things up.

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah, things are starting to look heavy. Time to build in some more recovery.