starting strength gym
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Euro Camps are Now For Sale

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by BenevolentBob View Post
    You guys wouldn't happen to bring a spare 4" belt with you to the camps? I broke mine and the replacement will not arrive in time.
    Belt size? Gut circumference I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Robert NL View Post
    Belt size? Gut circumference I mean
    About 40 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Chances are good that we will be able to set you up with something.
    Great, see you there!

How do you guys feel about videoing? I tend to video all my sets and it would be nice to have something to look back and compare with when my form starts slipping. Also, the Q&A, do you prefer if the questions focus on the lift performed that day? Are you fine with people questioning the model (not in a snarky/dismissive way)?

Also, I can't point my toes out more than about 5-10 degrees when squatting or it kills my hip (I've tried literally EVERYTHING short of an MRI/Xray, and I tried to get that too), so I thought I'd let you know now rather than on the day. I'm not trying to to be a special snowflake, I liked toes out so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by BenevolentBob View Post
    About 40 inches.
    You could use mine @ the squat camp.

Quote Originally Posted by JB47 View Post
    How do you guys feel about videoing? I tend to video all my sets and it would be nice to have something to look back and compare with when my form starts slipping.
    Feel free to video all your sets. However, we don't allow videoing the lectures.

Also, the Q&A, do you prefer if the questions focus on the lift performed that day? Are you fine with people questioning the model (not in a snarky/dismissive way)?
    If you are going to both camps and you have questions on the deadlift and power clean, then it probably makes more sense to ask those during the pulling camp than the squat camp. However, you can ask anything you like whenever you want, that includes questioning the underpinnings of the Starting Strength model and method. It would be a pretty lame camp if we did not allow those kinds of questions. We welcome people thinking critically about lifting. Perhaps there is something we missed and need to change/clarify/address.

Also, I can't point my toes out more than about 5-10 degrees when squatting or it kills my hip (I've tried literally EVERYTHING short of an MRI/Xray, and I tried to get that too), so I thought I'd let you know now rather than on the day. I'm not trying to to be a special snowflake, I liked toes out so much more.
    You may actually be a special snowflake from a hip anatomy standpoint. We are not going to force you to do anything that causes you pain.
    Last edited by Tom Campitelli; 12-18-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Also, trainees in Amsterdam that are sitting on the fence, sign on up. Amsterdam is selling more slowly this year than last. More people is actually more fun because you get to see more variations in anthropometry and ability.

Also, trainees in Amsterdam that are sitting on the fence, sign on up. Amsterdam is selling more slowly this year than last. More people is actually more fun because you get to see more variations in anthropometry and ability.
    I would have come, I researched itineraries and everything, but then I hurt some groin muscle, squatting (with like 30kg including bar!). I tried to just do squats without any weights, but it was getting worse. I will thus have to sit this one out. On the plus side, one more attendee if you come to Germany mid of next year.

Sounds like I'm the only one going out there for the pulling camp.

starting strength coach development program
    I've also recently pulled one my musles in the left buttock. Hope to get better until next weekend, cause I'm already signed in and hope to get the most out of the two days.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678