starting strength gym
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoulder Pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ortho getting more progressive: swapped immobilizer sling for a loose one today, after yanking out a bunch of staples I didn't know were in me. Seeing him again in 2 weeks. Maybe I'll get back in the gym not too long after?

You're moving in the right direction, Dave.

Happy New Year, Rip.

3 weeks post-op now and I still have paroxysms of pain if my shoulder muscles flinch a millimeter in the wrong direction. Mobility is no better than before surgery. Does that sound normal? I'm going to see the ortho for a follow up in the morning and I'll ask him that. Anything else you'd suggest asking him?

He's going to tell you that if you know what your shoulder mobility is now, you've been moving your shoulder around, which he told you not to do, Dave. This thing will hurt for a long time, so get used to the idea that any ROM you obtain you'll have to fight for.

Ok, thanks. I won't mention anything about mobility. I'll just tell him it hurts when I'm not moving at all sometimes, which is true. It hurts right now and I'm just siting on a coach, typing with the other hand. Maybe he'll prescribe more painkillers. Been off the prescription stuff for a week.

Ortho said pain is to be expected, wrote me another script for percoset, and gave me an exercise to do for the next 2 weeks: bending over 90 degrees and swinging my arm in little circles to break up the scar tissue. Then he said to come back in 2 weeks and he'd prescribe some physical therapy.

Goddamn, Dave, be careful with those little circles in the air. Motherfuckers will eat scar tissue like an alligator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Goddamn, Dave, be careful with those little circles in the air. Motherfuckers will eat scar tissue like an alligator.
    The exercise may be more useful if the guy with sore testicles were to stand close enough and the swinging wasn't too vigorous.

We're all pulling for you, Dave.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Next, you'll tell me those percosets are placebos. The little circles seem to have helped a bit so
    far though.

Quote Originally Posted by lifter285 View Post
    We're all pulling for you, Dave.
    Thank you.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast