starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1st Squat Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Aha! I suspected a little bit of knee slide going on here. Watch as your heels come up on rep 2 of the first video (3rd set) and your knees slide forward at the bottom. You're losing power, Solomon. Think master cue. Think Mid Foot!

It will also help to get your knees to their forward-most position a little bit earlier, and then focus on shoving them OUT harder.

I'm relieved that you are saying little bit, instead of moderate or severe. Thanks again though, I'll keep working on it!

Looking good, man. Keep working on that bottom position--signs that you're relying on your old high-bar pattern are the knees sliding forward, the heels coming up, and your balance shifting to your toes. I see that the reps get better in each video as the set goes on, so keep practicing!

You're putting in a lot of good effort now, so if you were considering upgrading your equipment at all, now's a good time to pull the trigger. If you buy a belt and better shoes, you'll have to refine your movement pattern again at that point. Something to consider.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcnulty View Post
    If you buy a belt and better shoes, you'll have to refine your movement pattern again at that point.
    Thanks, I have not considered that adjustment, and it would be good to do now before the weight gets heavier. But as much as I want proper shoes and a belt, I have to tough it out through the financial impact of the holidays first.

I also wouldn't mind a better bar, some more 45# plates and bluetooth headphones.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123