starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Latest on PJ Media

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah Moye View Post
    I was thinking it was Campitelli's bodybuilding debut.
    Ha!

My 16 year old daughter has started training with me. It's awesome.

I don't make new year resolutions, never saw the sense in them either, and I am no lifter by any stretch of the imagination, and I don't train particularly well, not since I passed the half ton mark. However what I have gained from your training Mark is, well here is a bit of a list.

1. I can barrow load of concrete without tipping the thing over.
    2. I can still climb a pole or walk around the roof without falling off.
    3. Lift asymmetrical loads without breaking my back.
    4. Lift a 5 meter ladder of the back of a truck and carry it vertically.
    5. Carry all the groceries from the store to car without the trolley.
    6. Walk miles without a back ache.
    7. Bend steel, drive a sledge and mattock and axe.
    8. Unpack and repack pallets.
    9. Lift trailers off the tow bar.
    10.Shovel endless loads of gravel.

This of course does not include other spin offs such as maintaining physical fitness, bone density, injury reduction etc, etc.

One thing you should notice is most of these activities are formed from the basic barbell lifts you teach. Even if you are just an exerciser there are these and I am sure others could add more benefits from playing around with your damn barbells.

This of course is not power lifting I realize, however whatever physical activity you do you can do better with your training, does that make sense? Can you see what I am saying? I have told you already many times weight training goes beyond the gym.

Anyway you already know this, but it does not hurt to remind folk from time to time. So there you go Mark, I buggered your whole new resolution thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I don't make new year resolutions, never saw the sense in them either, and I am no lifter by any stretch of the imagination, and I don't train particularly well, not since I passed the half ton mark. However what I have gained from your training Mark is, well here is a bit of a list.

1. I can barrow load of concrete without tipping the thing over.
    2. I can still climb a pole or walk around the roof without falling off.
    3. Lift asymmetrical loads without breaking my back.
    4. Lift a 5 meter ladder of the back of a truck and carry it vertically.
    5. Carry all the groceries from the store to car without the trolley.
    6. Walk miles without a back ache.
    7. Bend steel, drive a sledge and mattock and axe.
    8. Unpack and repack pallets.
    9. Lift trailers off the tow bar.
    10.Shovel endless loads of gravel.

This of course does not include other spin offs such as maintaining physical fitness, bone density, injury reduction etc, etc.

One thing you should notice is most of these activities are formed from the basic barbell lifts you teach. Even if you are just an exerciser there are these and I am sure others could add more benefits from playing around with your damn barbells.

This of course is not power lifting I realize, however whatever physical activity you do you can do better with your training, does that make sense? Can you see what I am saying? I have told you already many times weight training goes beyond the gym.

Anyway you already know this, but it does not hurt to remind folk from time to time. So there you go Mark, I buggered your whole new resolution thing.
    You've been buggering innocent people up and down the coast for the last 30 years, wal.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by lewabbit View Post
    You've been buggering innocent people up and down the coast for the last 30 years, wal.
    Thanks Lew, but you have to admit that Mark's training has a world wide benefit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12