starting strength gym

Thread: Modifying starting strength program for recreational sports

Default Modifying starting strength program for recreational sports

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi there,
    I would like to ask what you suggestions you may have for modifying the Starting Strength 3x/week novice routine if one is also playing fairly intense recreational sports a couple times a week. my first thought would be just do the program as is, but reduce to 2x/week during the playing season, but any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks,

Have you tried doing the program with your current schedule? How do you know it has to be modified? Age/height/weight/training history?

hi there. good point, yes, I was just assuming that unless the four days off in between are genuine rest days, I should cut back somehow. To answer the background above, age is early 40's, 6'1, 260lbs ....training history has been more of the HIT/nautilus type of training..by that I mean 6-8 compound (mostly) movements done 1 set to failure in a circuit type fashion. This is completed 1-2 days a week, depending on schedule. I have good metabolic effect from this and some descent progress, but was wanting to change it up to a more strength focused barbell routine such as your starting strength program. I suppose point taken....I can start at 3x/week and see how it goes. If any other suggestions, much appreciated, otherwise thanks for responding. All the best,