85 2x8

Dips:

BW x 25, 20

Tuesday 12/23/2014
    Volume day

Squat:
    285 4x5 (+10) dropped a set, legs/knees been feeling pretty wiped out

Press:
    117.5 5x5 (+5) Shoulder feeling very good, time to start pushing some progress here

SLDL:
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    265 x 5
    275 x 5

My twins' birthday today so just stuck to the basics.

Wednesday 12/24

I've been doing 3-day/week for the past six months, but I've decided to add in HIIT on Tuesdays and Saturdays as per Jordan's suggestion for conditioning without interfering with strength training. So I went and joined the YMCA. I lift at home, but I do ten day stretches out of town for work, so I figured there's a Y pretty much everywhere, which should let me keep up with my training when away from home. While I was there, I did my very first bout of HIIT. The piece of equipment I used had the wrong name on it. It said Schwinn Airdyne, but I think it is really supposed to be called Satan. I did 10 seconds on/50 seconds off. Only managed five intervals before I felt like dying, so I found a quiet corner and laid on the floor gasping for breath for a while. It really sucked. Also did some light arm work:

Dips:
    BW x 25
    BW+40 x 10, 10

Chins:
    BW x 15
    Last edited by BarryF; 12-24-2014 at 11:25 AM.

G2S, nice job on your lifts!

Keep in mind the % between your ID and VD. 285 of 310 is almost 92%, which might be a little high. I think most people find a good range between 80 and 90%, some people can handle a higher percentage of their ID.

Keep up the good work! Now I have someone else to push me to keep the weights going.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Murphy View Post

Keep in mind the % between your ID and VD. 285 of 310 is almost 92%, which might be a little high. I think most people find a good range between 80 and 90%, some people can handle a higher percentage of their ID.

Keep up the good work! Now I have someone else to push me to keep the weights going.
    I've been wondering this myself. I'm working with similar numbers as G2S and Volume day is definitely a hated day, I feel awful after those squats. Great work G2S!

Quote Originally Posted by B. Murphy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MattimusMaximus View Post
    I've been wondering this myself. I'm working with similar numbers as G2S and Volume day is definitely a hated day, I feel awful after those squats. Great work G2S!
    Thanky guys. Yeah, in all honesty concerning the % between VD and ID, I was pushing VD up a bit to really force ID progression.....315x5 is a year end goal I have been pushing extremely hard for....didnt want to leave anything on the table. I will likely leave volume day at 285 for at least another week. B.Murphy, perhaps we can inspire and motivate each other with our lifts. I may even try some heavy singles at the end of the week. 4 plate DL is calling my name.

[QUOTE=Got2squat;1024708]It said Schwinn Airdyne, but I think it is really supposed to be called Satan. I did 10 seconds on/50 seconds off. Only managed five intervals before I felt like dying, so I found a quiet corner and laid on the floor gasping for breath for a while. It really sucked./QUOTE]

You're doing it right then.

Thursday 12/25/2014
    Light day

Squats:
    225 2x5

Bench:
    170 3x6

BB Row:
    200 3x5 These were pretty easy, I need to move up in weight now. But they were difficult to do as I was over stuffed from Christmas dinner.

That's all, short and sweet, no accessory work.

Quote Originally Posted by Got2squat View Post
    Thanky guys. Yeah, in all honesty concerning the % between VD and ID, I was pushing VD up a bit to really force ID progression.....315x5 is a year end goal I have been pushing extremely hard for....didnt want to leave anything on the table. I will likely leave volume day at 285 for at least another week. B.Murphy, perhaps we can inspire and motivate each other with our lifts. I may even try some heavy singles at the end of the week. 4 plate DL is calling my name.
    Go for the goal! I plan on pulling 405 either Jan 1 or 2, for a nice DL PR myself.

starting strength coach development program
    Sick with the flu or some crap. No intensity day workout this week. First missed workout in six months.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast