starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mean Old Mr Gravity and Strong Enough Sequels

Default Mean Old Mr Gravity and Strong Enough Sequels

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Good evening Rip,

Are there any plans in the making to have sequels to Mean Old Mr Gravity and Strong Enough?

Thanks for your time!

Do you own the first editions of these two books?

Yes, I do.

Those will probably be the only editions.

Thank you for the answer! Another quick question related to my original one.

Do you think that a book like MOMG using not your Q/A, but the other forums (nutrition, programming etc.) would ever be published?

I'm pretty sure it won't.

Both books were underrated IMO. I still read my copies of MOMG and SE?. MOMG especially came from a time when the forum was uncluttered with all the usual trolls and intentional shit-stirrers. Lots of good discussions in that book. And let's not forget there's a picture of Rip riding a horse while wearing a cape in SE?.

Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    Both books were underrated IMO. I still read my copies of MOMG and SE?. MOMG especially came from a time when the forum was uncluttered with all the usual trolls and intentional shit-stirrers. Lots of good discussions in that book. And let's not forget there's a picture of Rip riding a horse while wearing a cape in SE?.
    MOMG is my go-to when I have nothing else to read. It's always good for a laugh, and good in short bursts, just like the preface says. Not to mention the wealth of info it contains. Did anybody else read Strong Enough first because of the first review on Amazon?

If "Starting Strength" is the next best thing to having a lifting coach beside you in the gym, "Strong Enough?" is the next best thing to having a beer with him afterwards.
    Well, shit. If I was going to hire someone as a coach, I wouldn't mind having a chat over a beer with him first. Sign me up.

Rip, if you wanted to publish another book, in addition to one specifically about the Olympic lifts, I'd happily pay for a collection of essays from T-Nation, Huffington Post, and PJ Media, along with some of the other articles on this site, and I'm sure others would too. I'll even suggest a title to spare you extra work: Hey Vern! Here's My Goddamn Sequel.

The book most needed is one aimed at the over fifty crowd, not because there is insufficient information and n the current books, but because of the other crap that is out there. When I began this transformation I did the same thing I always do and try to find good information. I searched for and bought several books that purported to be about strength training after fifty. Rolling around on big balls and playing with Dumbbells was what I got.

I went back to the book I used 35 years ago, Scientific Principles and Methods of Strength Fitness by John Patrick O'Shea to design a workout program. The workout wasn't bad but probably not optimal and much better than most of what you find on the Internet. It would have been great to have found a book like Barbells for Middle Age or Starting Strength for Seniors. I would be much further along in my training than I am.

starting strength coach development program
    Amazingly enough, such a book is in preparation now by Dr. Sullivan and Andy Baker. As you might imagine, it will be quite a bit better than the other drivel on the market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast