starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Personal

Default Personal

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Jordan,

Out of curiosity what made you do medicine and what are your incentives? This could be personal so disregard it if it is. Also, do you refer back to these reasons to stay motivated?

Thanks man

I decided to get my medical degree because I value the skill set and the training and the credibility it impresses upon most people. I think I can have the largest effect of getting people to take their health more seriously via preventative medicine, e.g. squats and single ingredient foods, with an MD than any other accreditation I could've received otherwise. In short, to do what I really want to do which is develop a lucrative business model that provides better outcomes with less expense via a preventative medicine primary care practice that vertically integrates training, nutrition, lifestyle modifications, and Western medicine.

When I'm slogging through the hours in the hospital I try to tell myself that it is a privilege to get medical training, though when I get my tuition bill it seems like I'm paying a lot for that privilege.

He really just wanted the license plate.

Dr. Deadlift

Jordan.
    What do you think that what is a good approach to be a nutritional expert?
    I want to be a nutrition expert in my country.But i don't know anything about nutrition and metabolism.
    Thesedays,i am trying by re-reading all over your internet work,some basic nutrition metabolism book.
    I will start from the toddling.It's not impulsion.Want to let people know true nutrition science like you.
    Could you give me a some tips or reading stuff?What should i learn?

An earned privilege, I think.

And I've lost count the number of times during rough times I've said, "I can't believe I'm paying to be shit upon."

I can't wait to get back to the real working world.

And for preventative med, I can tell you treadmill stress tests are quite lucrative and not utter BS from a diagnostic standpoint, especially someone starting out who is horribly out of shape with comorbidities. They pay for themselves within the first year. At least they do for people with good insurance, which will generally be your patient population for preventative med.

Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenDonut View Post
    Dr. Deadlift
    I think I need to "scrub in" on some pulls.... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by risepmj View Post
    Jordan.
    What do you think that what is a good approach to be a nutritional expert?
    Avoid it, at least in the US.
    I want to be a nutrition expert in my country.But i don't know anything about nutrition and metabolism.
    Thesedays,i am trying by re-reading all over your internet work,some basic nutrition metabolism book.
    I will start from the toddling.It's not impulsion.Want to let people know true nutrition science like you.
    Could you give me a some tips or reading stuff?What should i learn?
    I think you'll need the actual science background to really be able to do what you want. Nutritional sciences outside of hospital work is pretty much a sales job that if leveraged properly, allows someone to have a pretty big platform to do good from for the community. I am not sure I can intelligently speak as to how one should do this in another country, but I'd suppose that getting a degree in nutritional sciences or biochem would be the first step and then parlay that into coaching in some capacity. As far as what to read, read everything :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vanslix View Post
    They pay for themselves within the first year. At least they do for people with good insurance, which will generally be your patient population for preventative med.
    Concierge is the business model, methinks.

I think you'll need the actual science background to really be able to do what you want. Nutritional sciences outside of hospital work is pretty much a sales job that if leveraged properly, allows someone to have a pretty big platform to do good from for the community. I am not sure I can intelligently speak as to how one should do this in another country, but I'd suppose that getting a degree in nutritional sciences or biochem would be the first step and then parlay that into coaching in some capacity.
    Please let me a one more personal question.
    And what is your another motivation and inspiration except getting a business model?
    You want change the world fitness industry,you want let people live longer,you want fix the bro-science,you just like a medicine ect.ect.
    What makes you move constantly?

As far as what to read, read everything :-)
    I can see you a little how you working on it..Will do.

Thank you very much Man.

Quote Originally Posted by vanslix View Post
    I can tell you treadmill stress tests are quite lucrative and not utter BS from a diagnostic standpoint, especially someone starting out who is horribly out of shape with comorbidities. They pay for themselves within the first year. At least they do for people with good insurance, which will generally be your patient population for preventative med.
    I think they and other stress tests are utter BS for about 3/4 of patients who get them. No one should be allowed to order a stress test on a patient unless they've got some command of Bayes theorem. If your pretest probability is low, all the stress test does is put you at risk of a needless cath. And if your pretest prob is high, it is a waste of time when you should be getting a cath regardless. There is such flagrant self referral by which cardiologists order stress tests on everyone. I could say the same for echos...

I mean the test is great for your symptomatic patient with intermediate CAD risk. It's a joke for people with low risk and implausible symptoms, I mean just focus on risk factors instead. It's also a joke for high risk people who should go straight to a coronary artery study (I'm including CT now, not everyone needs a cath).

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Concierge is the business model, methinks.
    Given your stated goals, I'd SERIOUSLY consider it if I were you. I've worked with a family doc who had a hybrid model. It was the first time I ever saw a patient follow doctor's orders and lose weight. One lost 50 pounds by pulling out myfitnesspal and simply counting calories. It's a hard niche to get into, though. You almost need a connection or in. Recruit the executives of whatever industry is big in the area. This doc had a lock on oil execs who got executive physicals covered by their insurance. The concierge were more the self employed, self made millionaires. But you better hire an AWESOME MA to help cover for you or you'll be answering phone calls for the stupidest refills possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast