starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Searching for SSC to hire

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Bryant View Post
    I have no doubt Jordan will succeed at this, he's a smart dude. As for the rest of what you say I don't have much faith. My wife is a PA and an SSC. She worked as a primary care PA and now in urgent care. The system seems to be a mess at this point.

The biggest market is 45 and up. Nearly everyone who contacts me is a 50 something educated professional looking to keep a high quality of life.
    I know that you've been working with some high school teams, do you think your demographics will shift that way as you continue to do that?

The SSC is growing. 2 years ago, I'd never heard of it, recently, I was asked if I had ever read starting strength during a job interview at a local country club. The world of strength and conditioning is changing too. The CSCS used to be the top cert, now things like the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association's CSCC and the SSC are gaining momentum for good reason, they cater more toward scientifically proven training. I am unsatisfied with the NSCA, it does not cater to me, it caters toward people who need to be taught how to do a prone leg curl machine.

In my job searches, I have found only one college that listed the SSC as a preferred requirement but that is big news.

I am a strength coach and hold the CSCS and USAW but plan to drop the CSCS in the next cycle most likely in 2017 to stop having to give money to the NSCA. I get more educational information from the CSCCA website and here than I did when I PAID for the NSCA Journal of Strength and Conditioning. I am considering going to a SSC but need time to see if I plan to go into business for myself or if I land a university gig. If people ask now though, I tell them to look into starting strength whereas people 10 years ago in my shoes were telling people to check out the NSCA.

Quote Originally Posted by hollismb View Post
    It might be more beneficial to have relationships with sports massage therapists and sport-specific chiropractors. Partially because of what Rip said about billing, but also because that demographic may be more interested in strength training, either for performance improvement or injury prevention. At the very least, they might let you put contact information/cards out in their offices.
    Or do what we do and hire the massage therapists and chiropractors to work for us. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Reynolds View Post
    If anyone gets an SSC, I will hire them on the spot, barring some kind of sociopathic behavior that makes you come across as incapable of talking to people.

Otherwise, if you have an SSC and want a job coaching clients, contact me.

Matt
    Darn!

Actually, I still have a minimum of two and a half years of active duty. Otherwise I'd seriously consider moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Darn!

Actually, I still have a minimum of two and a half years of active duty. Otherwise I'd seriously consider moving.
    You can't swing a transfer to Whiteman AFB? Gotta be waaaay closer than FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I see limited potential here, in the absence of the ability to bill insurance.
    It'd have to be cash and a select portion of the population. These people are often educated, have disposable income and are already paying for gym memberships with idiot trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Darn!

Except for the kind of sociopathic behavior we all know and love you for, Herbs

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Except for the kind of sociopathic behavior we all know and love you for, Herbs

My master plan is to get my cert and get into one of the billion dollar plus tech companies right here close to my house. Take one of the executives who has influence over their on site gyms and trainers, run him through linear progression and bam I'm in. I'd be paid by the company a salary and be onsite and train thier employees.

I live in a unique community and happen to know several CEOs of large companies that would fit this model.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson Ball View Post

We (Feral Fitness, DBA: Feral CrossFit) are looking to hire a Starting Strength Coach in upstate New York in early to mid 2015.
    Where are you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast