starting strength gym

Thread: Have you seen this?

Default Have you seen this?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Quote Originally Posted by crookedfinger View Post
    Yea this pretty much confirms the thinking that fiber can be a tool to use to increase satiety and subsequent caloric intake via metabolism into propionate or other short chain fatty acids. On the other hand, I'd be interested to know the thermogenic effect- if any- of propionate vs. fiber. I'd hazard a guess that fiber > prop, and also food reward/behavioral changes are more likely to be seen with higher fiber intake.

Come back when you have an N of >25 per group. I'm betting if you saw the scatter plot of this data, it'd be a helluva lot less enticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Yea this pretty much confirms the thinking that fiber can be a tool to use to increase satiety and subsequent caloric intake via metabolism into propionate or other short chain fatty acids. On the other hand, I'd be interested to know the thermogenic effect- if any- of propionate vs. fiber. I'd hazard a guess that fiber > prop, and also food reward/behavioral changes are more likely to be seen with higher fiber intake.
    I know you've made fiber recommendations here many times, but with SCFA production, general digestive tolerance and potential 'mixability' (e.g.: into a milk/protein shake) in mind, would there be a top choice for you?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJF View Post
    I know you've made fiber recommendations here many times, but with SCFA production, general digestive tolerance and potential 'mixability' (e.g.: into a milk/protein shake) in mind, would there be a top choice for you?
    Eh, hard to say. Fiber supplements are kind of nasty in general for mixing. I've historically used psyllium husk but I don't think this mixes very well. Inulin may work, but I don't think it's as good as psyllium husk or just getting your fiber from veggies/fruits/grains.