starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you know any good hitmen?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcon View Post
    A mediocre chiropractor I went to one time must have said "muscle moves bone" 100 times during the short visit, it has to be something that is taught in chiropractic school over and over. A short conversation with a different chiropractor said the exact same thing, "Muscle moves bone... muscle moves bone". I wonder how a "coach" fails to make this logical conclusion? Once their "finesse" and "technique" are absolutely perfect and can no longer be improved, what will increase their ability to lift more? Interesting.
    Bullshit. Have you ever seen a skeleton? Not a single muscle on it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have always been amazed at the absolute lack of technique correction I see in the warmup room at weightlifting meets. For a sport so completely dependent on technique, very little advice about it is offered to lifters when they need to hear it most.
    Rip, I saw a video of a guy competing at meet at WFAC a while back and you were coaching him during the Jerk when I heard you yell "Jump down under the bar!" I thought it was an interesting cue.

I often find myself coaching guys while working the platform at meets. You'd be amazed to see how aggressively-mediocre and stupid people do not comprehend that feet must be flat on the floor while performing the Bench Press, knees must be locked before receiving the Squat command in the Squat or Down command in the Deadlift.

I get shit on for not wrapping my thumb around the bar by certain lifters and they tell me: "Oh, you have to have your thumb wrapped." I actually did the asshole thing (I wasn't proud of this) and gave the rulebook to someone and said show me where it says the thumb must be wrapped around. The IPF rulebook clearly states: "Hands and fingers gripping the bar..." Myself with an extensive background officiating one sport where we interpret the rules of the Volleyball to where a single word is the difference between interpreting and misinterpreting the rule can result in a protest. I guess I'm guilty of reading too closely.

Sorry for the tangent, but I absolutely see it at Powerlifting meets too. A guy blatantly hitches a Deadlift and his buddies either A. blame the judging or B. YOU GOT DIS SHIT, BRO!

And then they feel the need to say to you that they are not only working on technique, they are training for strength too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123