starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rest Between Sets - New Question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I never rest less than 7 mins between sets. 95% of the time its 10 min rest.

I also workout at home so noone else is gonna need the powercage etc.

If you are doing lp then i say as soon as you fail 3x5 increase the rest to atleast 7 min.

That's good advice.

I definitely do not have the luxury of time, that's for sure. People are lurking constantly for the limited squat equipment. If only I had room at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    I definitely do not have the luxury of time, that's for sure. People are lurking constantly for the limited squat equipment.
    Ask them if they want to work in. Most people will say no, but then they can't complain about having to wait. If they do work in, you may have someone to discuss lifting with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Ask them if they want to work in. Most people will say no, but then they can't complain about having to wait. If they do work in, you may have someone to discuss lifting with.
    I always do, and you're right, they seldom do. In fact, only once has he wanted to. That said, I've had no problem asking if I can work in (I mean, I'm uncomfortable with it, but whatever). No one has ever said, sure, work in. They instead say they are finishing up, and then pretty much do. They must not want to get bogged down working with an old, smaller guy.

starting strength coach development program
    That works too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123