starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bench check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Tom, I am having the same problem, and I have been trying to fix it for like 9 months now. Still no luck, do you have any other tips?

Sorry for the double post, but now I am starting to actually get pain from it. I do all of my sets paused too as I am looking to compete in July.

Brandon, film yourself benching. If you can, include two videos, one from the top where the spotter would be standing so we can see where the bar comes down and how your arms are moving, and one from further back — an oblique angle from the side of the bench with your legs. We would want to see how you are bracing, etc... Put it in a new thread.

Benched again this week. No footage this time. But staying thight from the start throughout the whole set did make a difference. The "bend the bar" que also seemed to help. Made me synch up my arms a little bit.

starting strength coach development program
    I've never had any success with the bend the bar cue, nor does it even make a lot of sense to me. However, if it works for you, then that works nicely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12