starting strength gym
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: American Sniper Routine

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I wouldn't care to speculate. He didn't do anything we can't do with a dedicated novice in the same period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I wouldn't care to speculate. He didn't do anything we can't do with a dedicated novice in the same period of time.
    Not to mention, the trainer claims he was doing multiple sets of 8 deadlifts with 415#. This Cooper guy is obviously a fairly genetically gifted dude. Genetically gifted people can train wrong. That's what sets them apart from mortals like me.

Was for some reason expecting this to be a discussion about hex bar block pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    would you say he is...LIMITLESS???
    Well done sir. Well done indeed.

Are these dedicated novices doing a programme of rack pulls, hip thrusts, curls and rows? Time to write the 4th Edition of SS:BBT, Rip.

This^^^ but I would add that he wouldn't of had to train as many hours and didn't need the supplement stack. Cooper was in shape (lean). He was not strong prior to this. I, personally, am amazed what can be done with intelligent food and a basic LP. My mind doesn't even go to steroids...

I actually think he could have gotten bigger and stronger via an SS LP...

I just saw the movie last night. He definitely doesn't looked cut. He looks like a smooth, bulked up football player. His face has gained so much weight that he actually doesn't even look like Bradley Cooper anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Laidbackzack View Post
    "Bradley never missed a workout. He came in early, trained brutally hard, and followed the supplement plan to the T." Coincidence? I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Not to mention, the trainer claims he was doing multiple sets of 8 deadlifts with 415#. This Cooper guy is obviously a fairly genetically gifted dude. Genetically gifted people can train wrong. That's what sets them apart from mortals like me.
    I think Will hit this on the head more than everyone shouting illicit sups. He trained hard, ate/supplemented perfectly. What did you expect would happen? He's also probably pretty genetically gifted. Just because the training protocol might not be optimal to getting ridiculously strong, he wasn't necessarily wasting time doing 400+lb deadlifts. The article says he went from 185 to 230 with 37lbs being LBM. That's about 80/20 LBM/fat. whose to say that's exactly what happened, he looked a little fattened up to me but I'd buy it. Given that's all he was doing for the bulk of the time, training and eating. I bet most people would get similar results if they could put life on the back burner for a few awhile and trained like that.

Quote Originally Posted by crookedfinger View Post
    Oh, and ignore the supplement crap completely....
    You can't just ignore it. It's an integral part of the plan. How much progress do you think he would have made without it? Pretty much none, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    would you say he is...LIMITLESS???
    That movie is awesome. I just read the book, though, and it's got a, let's say... "different" ending.

starting strength coach development program
    multiple sets of 8 with 415 makes you genetically gifted?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast