starting strength gym
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gym Class ruin gains?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by stejor View Post
    I have to say, I'm a bit confused by the recommendations in this thread. The kid says he's currently eating 4500 calories a day, and he's going to add approximately 90 minutes of cardio once a week. Even if he's working very hard, I can't imagine he's burning more than 2000 calories as a result of this, and it's probably more like 1000. Why is it necessary for him to add an extra 10,000 calories a week to compensate for this?
    He's a 17 year old male with toxic levels of testosterone coursing through his veins. He wants to get bigger and stronger. Why wouldn't he add 10,000 calories per week?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    Just tell your gym teacher that your multifidus is sore and you don't want to risk permanent injury.

It's not like you can actually fail gym class.
    Pretty easy to fail. Its not like high school gym where you just basically fuck around and just do one "fitness test" and thats all and play sports every class. We have individual assesments every week, tests,assignments

Quote Originally Posted by stejor View Post
    Sure, but what could he be doing that's so stressful that he needs such a huge caloric excess? Even if he were adding an extra day of legitimate training, that seems like overkill.

Furthermore, aren't these extra calories just going to make him fat? Assuming that the 4500 calories was an appropriate amount for him to be eating before, isn't he essentially adding an extra 1000+ calorie surplus every day without much in the way of additional strength/hypertrophy stimulus? Perhaps that's an acceptable tradeoff in exchange for continued progress, but it seems like that's a significant drawback of this approach.
    Just let us handle this, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by JJdd View Post
    She misguidedly thinks teenagers in her day had no cares or concerns.
    No, I guess I misguidedly think teenaged boys didn't give a shit about how many calories they ate. The just ate everything they could get their hands on. Calories were for girls to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    No, I guess I misguidedly think teenaged boys didn't give a shit about how many calories they ate. The just ate everything they could get their hands on. Calories were for girls to worry about.
    Was teenage boy, can confirm.

Actually yeah, most guys now a days count their "macros" so they can get shredded and have l ripped six pack abs lol

lol

Quote Originally Posted by rmckenzie711 View Post
    Actually yeah, most guys now a days count their "macros" so they can get shredded and have l ripped six pack abs lol
    Sounds like girl-like behavior.

I count how many weeks until I can S/B/D X amount of weight for X amount of reps.

Then again, I don't consider myself to be a typical teenager.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerDaClean View Post
    I count how many weeks until I can S/B/D X amount of weight for X amount of reps.

Then again, I don't consider myself to be a typical teenager.
    You are fortunate to have the knowledge and mindfulness of purpose at your age.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast